Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
catahoula lou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

My long-term interior guy severely injured one of his arms and is now out of the game. Was going to do my 1959 ragtop...

So, I need an interior guy who is experienced (NOT a first-timer) with ragtop VW headliner/glass/etc. installations whom I can trust.

Willing to tow bug from Redlands to as far as Palm Springs/Chino/Riverside CA areas.

Best,
Thom
1 1958 pantina red Lowlight Ghia (the "Chili Pepper")

Still looking for:
(1) My Dad's 1955 356 (he raced it amateur-class at Riverside and other courses during 1950s),
(2) My parent's black 1955 hardtop bug (CA license plate FWC 201 or FWG 201), and
(3) My parent's agave green 1957 ragtop bug (CA license plate LFK 734).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

catahoula lou wrote:
So, I need an interior guy who is experienced with ragtop

If it's only the ragtop cover and its headliner section that you need to have installed, why not try it yourself? It's not difficult at all and requires no special tools...just a 10mm socket wrench, a screwdriver and some contact cement.

If you need the entire headliner installed, that's another matter entirely and is much more involved than just doing the ragtop section.
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
catahoula lou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

I need a complete headliner installed, including the metal strip that mates the rear end of the ragtop section to the main section (I have the strip), and glass installation.

Best,
Thom
1 1958 pantina red Lowlight Ghia (the "Chili Pepper")

Still looking for:
(1) My Dad's 1955 356 (he raced it amateur-class at Riverside and other courses during 1950s),
(2) My parent's black 1955 hardtop bug (CA license plate FWC 201 or FWG 201), and
(3) My parent's agave green 1957 ragtop bug (CA license plate LFK 734).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61SNRF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

Octavio's in Orange/Tustin area is very experienced, does excellent work and is accessible from 91 fwy.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

Don't know personally but you are near blodgetts, they have a good rep in the feedback section, including someone that specifically had a headliner done. Probably wouldnt hurt to go in and see if they have pics of their work...
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Don't know personally but you are near blodgetts, they have a good rep in the feedback section, including someone that specifically had a headliner done. Probably wouldnt hurt to go in and see if they have pics of their work...

I know these guys, and they are great. Stacy is over on D and 10th if I remember. They are really great, and will take great care of it for you. I used to go there all the time when I still lived in so cal.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Corney13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Need Inland Empire CA ragtop installer I can trust Reply with quote

Koch's in Acton. They cut their own glass too if you need it. Only problem with them is getting in!

https://kochs.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: