Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
postjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

Hi. I purchased a VW Logo on eBay to replace the missing one on the rear hatch of my Eurovan. I was surprised that it didn't come with any mounting hardware. It has three small pegs on the back that line up with the three small holes on the hatch. Should I use silicone adhesive to glue it to the van? Is there a better way? Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jakefromstatefarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

You just need the proper grommet. I had to order replacements and got them here:

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/60567/Grommet-Exterior-Pillar-Cover-191853615A/
postjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

hi jake. thanks so much for that link! i just ordered grommets and some other stuff.
vw_dude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

postjosh wrote:
Hi. I purchased a VW Logo on eBay to replace the missing one on the rear hatch of my Eurovan. I was surprised that it didn't come with any mounting hardware. It has three small pegs on the back that line up with the three small holes on the hatch. Should I use silicone adhesive to glue it to the van? Is there a better way? Thanks!

Whats the part number?
Do you have a link to the seller?
Thanks.
silverbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

jakefromstatefarm wrote:
You just need the proper grommet. I had to order replacements and got them here:

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/60567/Grommet-Exterior-Pillar-Cover-191853615A/

How do the grommets work with the emblem? The plastic tabs are all snapped off on mine.

TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

silverbox wrote:
jakefromstatefarm wrote:

How do the grommets work with the emblem? The plastic tabs are all snapped off on mine.

The grommets are simply there to create a friction fit with the tabs. If the tabs are broken off, you have 3 options.
1.) Buy a new emblem.
2.) Repair the tabs, possibly by gluing new material into the emblem.
3.) Use glue or double sided tape to stick the emblem on.
silverbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

Thanks, jakefromstatefarm, I figured as much.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

I used glue, my tabs were toast
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

Ressurecting this thread...

IF I wanted to remove my perfectly good rear VW logo and not damage it, what's the best approach? Looks like there is a friction-fit of sorts for the tabs to fit in the grommets, so I assume I can protect the paint finish and then gently use a trim pry tool underneath to encourage the badge to eventually pop-off.

But of course you know what happens when you assume....

Pls jump-in if you have experience with this.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing Rear Hatch VW Logo Reply with quote

VanGeek wrote:
Ressurecting this thread...

IF I wanted to remove my perfectly good rear VW logo and not damage it, what's the best approach? Looks like there is a friction-fit of sorts for the tabs to fit in the grommets, so I assume I can protect the paint finish and then gently use a trim pry tool underneath to encourage the badge to eventually pop-off.

But of course you know what happens when you assume....

Pls jump-in if you have experience with this.

Adding a bit of heat with a hair dryer or heat gun would probably be a good idea. Warm plastic is more likely to deform rather than snap.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: