Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: chaosisme
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 08, 2024
Bilyjax50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

I bought a lighter from Tylor -- it was shipped quick and I am happy dealing with him

Other emails:
[email protected]
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

I purchased some items from chaosisme. Prompt mailing, Packed well. Thanks much Taylor. Great Transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Bait and Switch

I answered an ad from Taylor for NOS Bosch distributor caps. I negotiated 3 caps for $50 each plus $15 for shipping. I paid with Paypal and I covered the fee.

The ad clearly showed a cap in pristine condition, but Taylor explained that the ones he had didn't ave the box. I received them today and found they looked nothing like the one in the ad. The bakelite was oxidized and the copper contact inside were also severely oxidized. These were nothing like the picture so I sent Taylor a email asking for his return address. I then realized that the box he sent them in has his address so I carefully wrapped them and shipped them back at my expense. I emailed Taylor again telling him they weer coming back and all i expected was a refund of the $150 cost of the cap. i understood that I would be responsible for the shipping both way.

Later that evening, Tayor emailed me back telling not to return them and that all sales were final. But before sending his email, he deleted he ad which was still active. This ad and none of his ads mention that all sales were final. He didn't mention it in any of his emails and he never mentioned the pictures in the ad were not representative of the caps I would get.

He then accursed, of of making personal attacks and bullying him.

All i ask was a refund for the product.. not the shipping.

So be warned that you might not get the product in the pictures.

Oh... in the morning i'll post a picture of his ad before he deleted it, his original pictures from the ad, a picture of the oxidized cap that i received and possibly the entire email chain so you can see what was said and you can make up your own mind.

This is the first time i've had to post negative feedback after thousands of transactions.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

Last edited by Glenn on Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Never mind, you be the judge.

Here's the original ad, before he deleted it.

http://glenn-ring.com/taylor/TheSamba_ad.pdf

Pictures from his ad.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here's what I got.

I won't be posting the return label since it has his address but they were sent USPS Priority and insured. He'll have them Friday.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Bait and Switch

I answered an ad from Taylor for NOS Bosch distributor caps. I negotiated 3 caps for $50 each plus $15 for shipping. I paid with Paypal and I covered the fee.

The ad clearly showed a cap in pristine condition, but Taylor explained that the ones he had didn't ave the box. I received them today and found they looked nothing like the one in the ad. The bakelite was oxidized and the copper contact inside were also severely oxidized. These were nothing like the picture so I sent Taylor a email asking for his return address. I then realized that the box he sent them in has his address so I carefully wrapped them and shipped them back at my expense. I emailed Taylor again telling him they weer coming back and all i expected was a refund of the $150 cost of the cap. i understood that I would be responsible for the shipping both way.

Later that evening, Tayor emailed me back telling not to return them and that all sales were final. But before sending his email, he deleted he ad which was still active. This ad and none of his ads mention that all sales were final. He didn't mention it in any of his emails and he never mentioned the pictures in the ad were not representative of the caps I would get.

He then accursed, of of making personal attacks and bullying him.

All i ask was a refund for the product.. not the shipping.

He decided to dig in and tell me know.

So be warned that you might not get the product in the pictures.

Oh... in the morning i'll post a picture of his ad before he deleted it, his original pictures from the ad, a picture of the oxidized cap that i received and possibly the entire email chain so you can see what was said and you can make up your own mind.

This is the first time i've had to post negative feedback after thousands of transactions.

First, I will say that I saw you locked my feedback thread before this was posted, so Im sort of curious as to why you did that.

Second, Im a reasonable person but when you send me an email at 3:14pm saying you want to return them and then I get a notification at 3:24 that Im receiving a package from you (containing what I assume are the caps) Im not sure how Im supposed to respond other than you arent doing to dictate what Im going to do. As I mentioned in our earlier exchange, if you had simply asked nicely I would have been more than willing to be accomodating, but you will not tell me what to do. I dont feel like I should have to state all sales are final, that should be understood. And again, if you have politely asked Im sure we could have worked something out but instead you decided to take it upon yourself to send them back without any say on my part, demand a refund, and act like you are doing me a favor by not asking me to reimburse you for the shipping. Gee thanks.

As the ad explained, I have/had multiple caps. Some with boxes, some without. The one in the photo was a cap with a box, I informed you that you would be receiving caps without boxes. And as I mentioned earlier, Im not sure what you expected from an NOS part without a box that is 30+ years old. I have sold quite a few of these caps to people and have never had a complaint. Yes, I admit the terminals are discolored and I admit that I am not a guru when it comes to distributors, but to claim that I knowingly performed a bait and switch is insulting. You could have asked more questions but instead decided to offer much less than what I was asking. And Ive been a member of thesamba long enough to know the difference between deactivated and deleted ads. I deactivated my ad because I have no more caps for sale at this time. The ad is still very much intact, despite whatever ulterior motives you may think I have but like this entire exchange you have been rude and accusatory. Im sorry you didnt get your way, maybe next time you can try asking nicely.

In any case, for those interested, here is our email exchange. I have nothing to hide.

This is from newest to oldest:

I understand that you have a case of buyers remorse and nothing more. If you had simply contacted me and asked if we could work something out I would have been more than happy to work with you, however you will not dictate to me what I will be taking back. You negotiated with me to purchase the caps, just because you aren't happy does not mean you get to make demands that I will take them back. You could have simply said, hey I thought these would be nicer. I would probably have offered to send you a partial refund any possibly may have agreed to take them back. However your bullying tactics and threats won't work in this situation. You should have tried being polite first, instead you decided that send them back without any input from me and I will not abide by that. Go ahead and post your story, I'm not scared. You handled this immaturely and I would have expected more from a longtime member of the site whom many seem to hold in high regard. But I can see that when you don't get your way you act like a petulant child and resort to insults and threats and then have the gall to claim it's only business. And for the record it should be obvious that all sales are final, I am not a business, I do not have a return policy, and in any case you never asked anyway, you mailed them back before I could even reply. Please don't contact me further after this.

On May 23, 2018 8:53 PM, Glenn Ring wrote:

This is unfortunate. All you simply had to do was refund the cost of the cost of the caps, which you got back in the same condition as you sent them.

Yes, I know NOS does not mean new, but you misrepresented their condition by having a picture of a pristine cap in your ad and not telling me the ones I would receive were nothing like the picture. It's called bait and switch. Nothing personal, it's just business.

I guess you don't value your reputation enough, after all you'll be out nothing while i'm out $25.

As to the ad, you deleted it only after you received my email and shortly before you sent your reply. I guess you thought deleting it would hide the pictures.. it doe not.

i will be post my story, your original ad, your original pictures and a picture of what I got. i'll let the members make their own decision on ever buying from you in the future.

If the sale was NO REFUNDS, it would of been nice for you to state that in the ad or any of your emails.

I'll wait until tomorrow in the hopes you change your mind.

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/23/2018 10:40 PM, Taylor Lewis wrote:

Hi Glenn,

Please leave the personal attacks out of this. Just because you are unhappy that you mistakenly believe you've been taken advantage of doesn't mean I am not an honest seller. The ad clearly stated I had multiple caps available, some without boxes, the one pictured came with a box. I've sold many of these caps both with and without boxes and some with oxidation as you say yours have and nobody has had anything bad to say about them. I have no reason to misstate or take advantage of anybody on thesamba, I've been a member for over ten years and I recognize it's value as a resource to VW owner's and would never jeopardize it or the reputation I've tried to earn there. You've been around VW's long enough to know that NOS does not mean perfect and I never stated they were anyway. If you had any qualms about them not being boxed then it was upon you to ask questions, I'm not sure what you expect from a 30 or 40 year old part. As I stated previously, I will not be refunding your money, especially not after you decided that I would have no say in this process and unilaterally decided to return them without my input. That's not how this works.

I deactivated the ad because I have no more caps for sale at the moment. I've got nothing to hide and your insinuations are insulting. Feel free to update my feedback thread with what you think is appropriate feedback and I will respond in due course.

Thank you,
Taylor

On May 23, 2018 7:13 PM, Glenn Ring wrote:

Already sent them back. They are worthless to me.

They certainly did not look anything like the pictures in your ad.

Just refund the $150, i'm not asking for the shipping, i'll take the $25 loss. Just refund the money, you're getting back exactly what you sent.

I read your Samba feedback and thought you were a standup guy. I didn't expect a bait and switch.

Your ad never said anything about sales being final. I see you deleted the ad, but i have a printout of it.. with the pictures.

Here's what i got... It looks nothing like the picture.

And here's the picture in the ad.

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/23/18 10:04 PM, Taylor Lewis wrote:

Hi Glenn,

I'm sorry but all sales are final. Please do not send them back to me as I cannot issue you a refund for them. They were sold as is and are NOS but without boxes as I said. NOS does not mean perfect.

Thank you,
Taylor

On May 23, 2018 12:29 PM, Glenn Ring wrote:

Found your other email address. I also got you mailing address off the box so i'll be sending them back. Just refund the $150 when they arrive.

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/23/18 3:14 PM, Glenn Ring wrote:

I got the caps and they are not in the condition I expected as NOS. The contacts inside are highly oxidized. I'd want to return them for a $150 refund.

Please give me your full mailing address and i'll get them by at my expense.

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/21/18 9:29 PM, Glenn Ring wrote:

thanks

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/21/18 9:28 PM, Taylor Lewis wrote:

Hi Glenn,

Yeah, it shipped today. The tracking is 9405803699300640144089. You should have it in two days.

Thanks!
Taylor

On May 21, 2018 9:47 AM, Glenn Ring wrote:

Just wondering if you shipped them yet. if so do you have a tracking number?

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/17/18 10:42 PM, Taylor Lewis wrote:

Hi Glenn,

That works, my PayPal is [email protected].

Thanks,
Taylor

On May 17, 2018 5:30 AM, Glenn Ring wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I want these so i can offer them to customers that I rebuild their distributors for. At 66 a piece there's nothing left for me so the best I can do is $165 for 3. That's $50 each plus $15 for shipping via USPS Priority in a medium flat rate box. I can pay with Paypal and no fees so you'll get the full $165.

If that's good for you, give me your Paypal id and i'll send payment.

Glenn Ring

www.IRide4Sue.org

On 5/17/18 12:16 AM, Taylor Lewis wrote:

Hi Glenn,

I think I have three left, no boxes, I could sell them for $200 shipped.

Thanks,
Taylor

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's

Last edited by chaosisme on Wed May 23, 2018 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Also, as I mentioned above, Glenn emailed me at 3:14pm today to say he wanted to return the caps. Seeing as I was at work all day I didnt see his email until after 5:30, however that didnt stop him from printing a label at 3:24 and taking them to the post office at 3:50. How am I supposed to have any input if you are going to act like that? And whoever is reading this, how would you react to somebody acting this way?

Also, I like your use of bait and switch in large font at the top, really makes sure to get your point across.

'70 Westy

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

What I got was not what was in the ad. You did mention that I would not get boxes but never said the caps would look nothing like the one in the picture. That's call ed BAIT AND SWITCH. You baited me with a pristine cap and sent my oxidized ones without tell me.

Thanks for posting the email trail, I went ahead to print it so everyone can see it exactly as it looks.

http://glenn-ring.com/taylor/email.pdf

The caps are worthless, so I saw no reason to keep them.

It's nice that you feel you don't need to let buyers know that all sales are final without stating it so this is a warning to all future buyers.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL

I stand behind sending them back, after all, you're out nothing out of pocket. Other than selling 3 caps at way more than they are worth.

Since paid with PayPal, (i paid the fees), i'll be fining a dispute with Paypal and see if they agree with me and claw the money back and refund it to me.

In case anyone missed this, this is the only communication that what I saw in the pictures is not what I would receive.

Quote:
"I think I have three left, no boxes,"

No mention that the pictures of the actual cap is not representative of what I would receive.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

chaosisme wrote:
Also, I like your use of bait and switch in large font at the top, really makes sure to get your point across.

Ed Zackerly

You advertised one product and delivered a different one.

If you told me they were not the same condition, I would of asked for pictures... and passed.

I shipped them because they were worthless to me and i wanted to get them back as quick as possible so you could resell them. Waiting any longer would of added a day. I also could of shipped them First Class and saved some money... but I didn't.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
chaosisme wrote:

Ed Zackerly

You advertised one product and delivered a different one.

If you told me they were not the same condition, I would of asked for pictures... and passed.

I shipped them because they were worthless to me and i wanted to get them back as quick as possible so you could resell them. Waiting any longer would of added a day. I also could of shipped them First Class and saved some money... but I didn't.

No, you could not have shipped them back First Class because the weight limit is 1 pound and when I shipped them it was 1 pound and 1 ounce. Please dont act like you were doing me a favor. Like I said, you emailed me at 3:14 and then created a label at 3:24, how am I supposed to respond when you are being completely unreasonable? Even if I allowed returns, you would still need to speak to me about beforehand, not just unilaterally decide what would be done.

Like I said before, I would have been willing to work with you had you been at all polite about it but you've felt the need to be rude instead. Also, you didnt answer me why my feedback thread was locked.

Also, why does my feedback thread show up when checking your feedback? Ive never seen that before. Why is that?

'70 Westy

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

chaosisme wrote:

Like I said before, I would have been willing to work with you had you been at all polite about it but you've felt the need to be rude instead. Also, you didnt answer me why my feedback thread was locked.

Also, why does my feedback thread show up when checking your feedback? Ive never seen that before. Why is that?

I was never rude. Show me where I was rude?

I locked your topic for 2 hours since you already deleted the ad in an attempt to cover your tracks. Notice you deleted it just before you started to email me. The timestamp doesn't lie.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2168685

I don't know why your feedback shows up in mine, but I suspect because you posted my email address and it linked it. The Interweb is a mysterious thing.

I returned them sine they are WORTHLESS to me. I put that in caps so you won't miss it for the 3rd time.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
chaosisme wrote:

I was never rude. Show me where I was rude?

I locked your topic for 2 hours since you already deleted the ad in an attempt to cover your tracks. Notice you deleted it just before you started to email me. The timestamp doesn't lie.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2168685

I don't know why your feedback shows up in mine, but I suspect because you posted my email address and it linked it. The Interweb is a mysterious thing.

I returned them sine they are WORTHLESS to me. I put that in caps so you won't miss it for the 3rd time.

I didnt miss it, youve made that painfully clear multiple times in your ranting. And you say you locked my thread because I deactivated my ad? Were you afraid I was going to delete my feedback thread or something? What good would that do?

For a moderator Im surprised you keep saying that the ad is deleted when its deactivated. I explained already that its deactivated because I dont have any more caps for sale right now. You keep saying I deleted it like Im trying to hide something. Im not, as I proved by posting our entire email exchange before you did, although you posted it again for some reason.

So far youve managed to spread a lot of untruths in this thread, which is baffling to me since you seem to think that you are in the right here.

'70 Westy

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

In your email you said "I think I have three left", and I bought the 3. So why did you wait all from the 21st when you shipped them till tonight to delete the ad? Makes one think someone feel guilty and is trying to hide the original pictures. And the fact there was no mention of ALL SALES FINAL.

I'm still waiting for examples of me being rude. Talk about untruths.

I'll let the Samba community on what is true.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Admin notes:
The feedback search searches by email address so if you post someone's email address in a topic, it will come up on a feedback search for their username.

If an ad is removed from the site, whether deactivated or deleted, I can always retrieves the ad text and photos on request.

Users cannot remove or edit their own complete feedback threads, only what they post on the site.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

I think I would have asked for more pictures before committing. That being said, I've done plenty of deals with Taylor and would do so again. A+ seller in my opinion.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

I would of if when he told me boxes were not included, he also said the pictures in the ad are not want the ones i would get look like.

And if i lived as close to him as you do i would of gone to his home and inspected them before buying.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
If [he] told me they were not the same condition, I would of asked for pictures... and passed.

chaosisme wrote:
I think I have three left, no boxes...

And you didn't ask for more pictures? Think

Glenn wrote:
And if i lived as close to him as you do i would of gone to his home and inspected them before buying.

I wouldn't drive 400 miles for 3 NOS Bosch caps. I'd ask for more pictures before sending money.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Why should i assume they don't look like the picture in his ad?

I've bought hundreds of nos caps and all were in as new condition.

Fool me once. So let this be a lesson to all others that you must get exact pictures from the seller and understand that NO REFUNDS are implied.

Guess i learned a $150 lesson.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

Delivered and left with individual.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

taylor asked me to rekey a handle for his bus to his code and send him a nice handle for $65 shipped to replace his broken unit. I agreed and did so. he disputed the paypal.com payment saying it was not the handle in the ad, which he knew, and claimed the quality was not good enough chrome wise being a 60 year old handle. the chrome and handle was a solid 9 out of 10, work was completed to match his code, and shipped in a timely manner. sellers beware, this person wants NOS quality for cheap, uses paypal.com as a tool to screw people over....still waiting on paypal.com to decide otherwise will never do anything for this guy ever again! Rolling Eyes very lame Taylor!
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: chaosisme - [email protected] - Taylor Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
he disputed the paypal.com payment saying it was not the handle in the ad....

...sellers beware, this person wants NOS quality for cheap, uses paypal.com as a tool to screw people over....still waiting on paypal.com to decide otherwise will never do anything for this guy ever again! Rolling Eyes very lame Taylor!

He did the opposite to me. His ad showed beautiful NOS distributor caps and I was sent faded and oxidized ones that looked nothing like his pictures.

I couldn't dispute it with PayPal since payment was sent as Friends and Family and you can't dispute that.

I'm still out $150 for the garbage he sent me.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: