Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

OhHerrooo wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:
Thank you Alex and Anthony for the new ISP t3 parts and Mario T3HQ for the correct NOS sunroof guides and cover plate plastics!!! Also Eric Deen for another WCM NOS dash from the 80s!!! @ratlookvw

Really looking forward to more updates on this car. It's turning out great.

I hope to have it at prado and then at the typ3 invasion in ALA the week after I believe. I will have three cars there. My rhd 64 t34, this 69 sunroof, and a 30k original mile 66 fasty! I'm looking forward to both shows and hanging with some t3 friends!!! @ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Just a quick update, not a ton of progress but I did manage to get the headliner installed. after next weekend I will be banging out a ton of work on this baby as I will have help from CA on the way! I can not wait to roll this car out!!! @ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

one step closer! @ratlookvw
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Nice work. love where your going with this square. It's come a long way since my last visit. You plan on selling that second dash you picked up? never knew WKM mad a repo back in the 80.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

69 Notchback wrote:
Nice work. love where your going with this square. It's come a long way since my last visit. You plan on selling that second dash you picked up? never knew WKM mad a repo back in the 80.

unfortunately no, these WCM dashes are far better than running NOS or used german due to 50 year old dashes not holding up. the material these were made of is far superior to use on cars today. I have a few typ3's in the building that need nice pads, so they will stay in the family. thanks for the kind remarks!!! @ratlookvw
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

I figured, but I wouldn't sleep at night if I didn't ask. Laughing Needing a dash for my next resto.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

and if you ask, they have no idea they made one either. No clue where the mold is, etc

We need that mold!!
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Does anyone reproduce or have original rear wheel well covers available for the rear luggage area? I need two nice covers for my 69 square....
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
and if you ask, they have no idea they made one either. No clue where the mold is, etc

We need that mold!!

So I always thought that WCM only got stock from either piles of discontinued stuff or regular lines like everyone else at the time. Kinda like a BFY deal or even a Bill & Steve's deal. All those places were the shit in the day when they had stuff. Think

Only people I ever seen ever make something when all the good stuff was gone is ISP.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:

So my buddy found me this car on Craigslist in inland empire CA. I contacted the seller in January to look at it in person, so I loaded my small trailer and bombed out to buses by the bridge, contacted the seller again from there and they said the car sold. I could not believe it. It was my fault for not buying it from Atlanta when I saw the ad, but I wanted to put my eyes on the car first to insure it had one or some of the better original paint fenders or doors I could use for my build. I drove back to Atlanta empty and not happy. Two weeks after I was home, my buddy here texted me and said the fasty was relisted in CA. You have to be kidding me I thought. I contacted the seller once again and he told me the first buyer flaked out. I went down to his bank in the morning and deposited the money for the car. I am now on my way back with the car after a long haul moving other cars around the country just to get what turns out the front fenders and doors. Lol. Good enough for me! This color is so hard to find let alone original paint parts I feel it has been worth all the efforts and sore back!

Didn’t end up using a thing off this fasty after two coast to coast trips to retrieve it. A friend in fla now has it and is fixing it up for his wife. I am using my original front fenders after all and the doors from the Oregon fasty... all the patina og paint parts should match great fingers crossed 🤞
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Erik G wrote:

We need that mold!!

So I always thought that WCM only got stock from either piles of discontinued stuff or regular lines like everyone else at the time. Kinda like a BFY deal or even a Bill & Steve's deal. All those places were the shit in the day when they had stuff. Think

Only people I ever seen ever make something when all the good stuff was gone is ISP.

Yes your right in the fact that they would just repackage parts. The dashpads were theirs as far as I remember from the days at bfy and earlier. You should always check old WCM blister packs as a lot of the parts are NOS German from big buys they did from stashes and Europe. A lot of their parts, like most of the vendors, had good and bad inventory. Same goes today....
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Erik G wrote:

We need that mold!!

Yes your right in the fact that they would just repackage parts. The dashpads were theirs as far as I remember from the days at bfy and earlier. You should always check old WCM blister packs as a lot of the parts are NOS German from big buys they did from stashes and Europe. A lot of their parts, like most of the vendors, had good and bad inventory. Same goes today....

I always remembered feeling jipped to have the latest WCM catalog - like #3 at the time only to see most T3 related parts were "not available". Because they never were and never were going to be.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Erik G wrote:

We need that mold!!

I always remembered feeling jipped to have the latest WCM catalog - like #3 at the time only to see most T3 related parts were "not available". Because they never were and never were going to be.

Yes. There was no love for t3s. Anthony, alex, the Sd crew, and a few Bay Area peeps were the ‘scene’. Few bad ass rides in Japan as well.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:

So my buddy found me this car on Craigslist in inland empire CA. I contacted the seller in January to look at it in person, so I loaded my small trailer and bombed out to buses by the bridge, contacted the seller again from there and they said the car sold. I could not believe it. It was my fault for not buying it from Atlanta when I saw the ad, but I wanted to put my eyes on the car first to insure it had one or some of the better original paint fenders or doors I could use for my build. I drove back to Atlanta empty and not happy. Two weeks after I was home, my buddy here texted me and said the fasty was relisted in CA. You have to be kidding me I thought. I contacted the seller once again and he told me the first buyer flaked out. I went down to his bank in the morning and deposited the money for the car. I am now on my way back with the car after a long haul moving other cars around the country just to get what turns out the front fenders and doors. Lol. Good enough for me! This color is so hard to find let alone original paint parts I feel it has been worth all the efforts and sore back!

Didn’t end up using a thing off this fasty after two coast to coast trips to retrieve it. A friend in fla now has it and is fixing it up for his wife. I am using my original front fenders after all and the doors from the Oregon fasty... all the patina og paint parts should match great fingers crossed 🤞

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

What’s That Noise?!?
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:

Can we be friends?
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Now the fun begins. Fitting the chrome trim in the window rubber....yay! One window down, two blistered thumbs.... Crying or Very sad
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Nice job. My fingers where sore for weeks after that task.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

69 Notchback wrote:
Nice job. My fingers where sore for weeks after that task.

Finally back on the 69! Three rear windows in. Been working on the 66 fasty to get it to the paint booth. I’ve had to devote a ton of time to it due to most of the 30k original mile car needing taken quite a bit apart. 6 more weeks to finish up both cars. I’m on the clock. @ratlookvw
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Does anyone reproduce or have original rear wheel well covers available for the rear luggage area? I need two nice covers for my 69 square....

Found these in SAC. One more piece to the puzzle. Sorted thru the 10 storage bins of OCD parts yesterday to get a handle on what I have and what I don’t. Hopefully not too much
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Made good progress today on the 69. New harness installed, dash pad and guages in and hooked up. Rear fenders both on. Tail lights on and wired. Reflectors installed. New speaker installed. Rear end lowered. Switches all installed. Saturday hope to install new windshield glass and rubber. Also going to de-anodize the pop out frames and polish them. Install new inner and outer seals and mount in the car! Rear bumper should go on as well if all goes well!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: