Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WallytheWagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area Reply with quote

Hi there I'm currently on a road trip in my '72 VW Camper Van but I'm stuck here in Chicago due to some mechanical issues. Does anyone know of a good VW mechanic in the area? Thank you so much!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area Reply with quote

WallytheWagen wrote:
Hi there I'm currently on a road trip in my '72 VW Camper Van but I'm stuck here in Chicago due to some mechanical issues. Does anyone know of a good VW mechanic in the area? Thank you so much!

Reach out to Robbie. He's in the Illinois area.

https://www.airschooled.com/

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area Reply with quote

http://www.midwestautosavers.com/
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area Reply with quote

Replaced Wally’s alternator in a hotel parking lot outside of Chicago today.... almost beat my old record but forgot the rubber surround so had to take some tin back off.... Cool

Cleaned all the grounds and starting terminals, removed about six feet of speaker wire someone used to fashion a remote start switch, adjusted the over-adjusted steering box, installed a bumper bolt, and lubricated all the door latches. Also found the #3 exhaust valve tight and the RS carb solenoid disconnected.

Robbie @ Air-Schooled
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevonov007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mechanic in the Chicago, IL Area Reply with quote

who is by downers grove. just one a 1968 ghia and im sure it will need work. should be here next week.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: