Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring questions
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dougster43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring questions Reply with quote

I completed my rewiring job this weekend. The main harness was perfect - everything as it should be. The instrument harness had 2 small issues - The dash lighting wire was different than what I had on my 73 as discussed in this thread. The other wiring issue I had was that the black wire that goes from the fuse box to the speedometer and gas gauge vibrator wasn't long enough to stretch to both of them. Just had to extend that wire.

The only problem I have now, is that when I powered everything back up the horn is blowing constantly. Obviously it must be grounding out somewhere, but I'm puzzled since that part of the harness was already done and working fine and I didn't take anything out of the steering column. It still blows with the steering wheel removed and unplugged so I guess I'll have to get into the column and see what I can find.

I remember reading somewhere about the required gap between the steering wheel and the column. My turn signals aren't cancelling properly either, even with a new switch and cancelling ring so I'm guessing either a bad switch or maybe the spacing is off. Anyone recall how they adjusted the spacing and what the target should be?
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring questions Reply with quote

Spacing is to slide the column up or down. Loosen the 2 bolts and slide were you have about 1/8 in. space. Were the bolts are is slotted for this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: