Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone from michigan out there?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone from michigan out there? Reply with quote

I'd say they're a blast! I've tooled around 2-3 hours without crossing too many paths, but I have my favorite spots. Our seasonal campsite is on a road that becomes a seasonal road, the kind of beginning of the fun. There's mud, sand, rocks, nothing a truck couldn't get through in 2wd except the mud part... there are a few holes I haven't hit alone yet. if you ever get around to heading this way, I'm less than 10 minutes from trailheads... but I might want to mention you should be street legal with a recreation passport, not sure about Allegan.

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone from michigan out there? Reply with quote

Same story in the Allegan woods, techigaly need to be street ready as you need to hop from road to road to stay on the trails.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
bugpowered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone from michigan out there? Reply with quote

I am happy to say that my wife and I are joining the fray. Longtime in the hobby and we are on a rapid pace to finish the baja in the next three weeks.
We live just outside of Port Huron.
TVander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone from michigan out there? Reply with quote

I live in Benzie county and run a lot of dirt roads and dnr forest roads. I utilize my ORV sticker that gives access to lots of roads in Benzie and Grand Traverse county to do lots of riding in the area. I also trailer to Kalkaska county and drive a big ORV route over there which is northeast of Kalkaska. This system can be connected with gravel roads to the north missaukee trail system. Maybe someday I will go back to silver lake but not sure I am into the crowds!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: