Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

Hi guys, i'have to change my sunroof cover on my 65 samba velvet green/blue white.
Which one is the best material/vendor to chose for an exactly matching on that model?
Kind regards
[IMG]http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode_draw_mplate.php?mod=1&id=865[/IMG]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

Stay with the Original Vinyl.
Krustybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

I’ve used both vinyl and canvas and liked them both. Vinyl is correct, if that’s what you’re looking for. I put a white canvas cover on my mouse grey 21 and it looks great. I was concerned about keeping it clean, but it has not been a problem. You can get covers from several sources, all available here on The Samba. I got my canvas cover from :
https://grumpysmetal.com/
They have every piece of the mechanism too.
Not sure what sunroof stuff they have, but on your side of the Atlantic:
http://www.justkampers.com/
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

OK. I looked at the "Color Code" charts. Has anyone seen a V96 color aka Turquoise? Replacement? To restore, I would need this color according to the chart. 64 Turkis under white deluxe 21
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

631 blue-white V106 is the original color in vinyl .

I recently got a correct color vinyl sunroof for a 58' bug from lenny copp at west coast classics .

I had a 66 velvet green 21 that came with a canvas sunroof in beige which looked really good in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

You are looking at the Commercial Bus charts where the roof paint would be Turkis so the cover matched that.

Deluxes are Blue-White to match the top half.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba sunroof cover substitution: Choose the best material Reply with quote

Thank You Everett !!!!!!

As always, you are a wealth of knowledge.
I just could not drop a green top on my bus

Thank You
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: