Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Congrats to the Golden State Warriors
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

Bah, it's all one step above All Star Wrestling. You can't tell me they didn't tank the one game just so they could win at home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Quote:
How many championships would Jordan have won if he had played on the same team with Magic, Bird, Charles, Patrick, Reggie or Isaiah instead of playing against them?

More than 6. Smile But he beat most anyway. I love NBA talk, what is the point above? Warriors are the team loaded with NBA MVP's and All Stars. LeBron is playing against the stacked deck. The Cavs have talent too no doubt. Kyrie averaged 30 points in the finals, LeBron 34/12/10. It will be Warriors V. Cavs IV in the finals next year.

Glad you're cool with a discussion, but I kind of agree with Barkley when he said he didn't want to join MJ to win, he wanted to beat him. LJ got his first couple with the Heat big 3. LJ definitely one of best of his era.

Durant got his same way. Couldn't get it done in OKC.

For me, superteams take away from the sport. When I followed the game in the 80s, every team had stars. Made it more competitive.

Of course if the Dubs were my team, I'd be pretty darn happy too.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

Quote:
Glad you're cool with a discussion, but I kind of agree with Barkley when he said he didn't want to join MJ to win, he wanted to beat him. LJ got his first couple with the Heat big 3. LJ definitely one of best of his era.

For me, superteams take away from the sport. When I followed the game in the 80s, every team had stars. Made it more competitive.

Of course if the Dubs were my team, I'd be pretty darn happy too

Pretty much concur Crying or Very sad hate it when that happens Wink Always love Barkley, he is right too.
I hated LBJ and "The Decision", hated the Heat during that period and thought less of their wins. Somehow, Durant coming to GS didnt bug me as much, Embarassed LOL. When LBJ came back to C-town I started to appreciate his game again and realize he is a once in a lifetime talent. Technically the Warriors are not my team, im a life long Laker fan going back to the days of Wilt/West/Baylor. Since the Lakers are SO far out of competition the last 5 years or so I have adopted the Warriors so I can enjoy NBA all the way into the playoffs.
If you are a fan of the 80's...you're gonna love this. Loads of HoFers.
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/apos-celtics-lakers-best-enemies-135130433.html
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Quote:

Of course if the Dubs were my team, I'd be pretty darn happy too

Pretty much concur Crying or Very sad hate it when that happens Wink Always love Barkley, he is right too.
I hated LBJ and "The Decision", hated the Heat during that period and thought less of their wins. Somehow, Durant coming to GS didnt bug me as much, Embarassed LOL. When LBJ came back to C-town I started to appreciate his game again and realize he is a once in a lifetime talent. Technically the Warriors are not my team, im a life long Laker fan going back to the days of Wilt/West/Baylor. Since the Lakers are SO far out of competition the last 5 years or so I have adopted the Warriors so I can enjoy NBA all the way into the playoffs.
If you are a fan of the 80's...you're gonna love this. Loads of HoFers.
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/apos-celtics-lakers-best-enemies-135130433.html

Love 30 for 30. Have watched the Bird Magic episode several times. Brings back memories when I used to care who won or lost. Very Happy
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

[quote="c21darrel"]
Quote:
c21darrel wrote:
Still, Lebron is the King. Look out MJ. Smile

Yep, Lebron is the best player in the NBA , right now, But I don't think MJ is looking over his shoulder, thinking Lebron will catch him. He has 3 wins & 5 losses in the Finals, MJ was 6 -0 in the finals, and YES Lebron has made it 7 years in a row to the finals, but at his age, IF he stays in Cleavland, I don't see 3 more titles.
He could use a better cast of players around him, I mean JR Smith, really ?
K Love was great in Minn., but not consistant enough when it mattered.
c21darrel, I'd love to have a few Beers w/ you & talk Celts/Lakers !!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

coad wrote:
Bah, it's all one step above All Star Wrestling. You can't tell me they didn't tank the one game just so they could win at home.

Agreed on the first part... there are non-foul calls that rival roughing the passer in football. I am not impressed by a thug who throws out elbows and travels with the ball. But that's becoming the norm for many players.

I don't think GS threw the game. They had a chance to make history by winning out all of the playoffs. I think they wanted that badly, but not as bad as Cleveland wanted to NOT be swept.

...waiting for the Lakers to wake up and DO something... besides watching Mr. Basketball Logo walk away to the Clippers.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

Quote:
c21darrel, I'd love to have a few Beers w/ you & talk Celts/Lakers !!

Your on!
Quote:
Yep, Lebron is the best player in the NBA , right now, But I don't think MJ is looking over his shoulder, thinking Lebron will catch him. He has 3 wins & 5 losses in the Finals, MJ was 6 -0 in the finals, and YES Lebron has made it 7 years in a row to the finals, but at his age, IF he stays in Cleavland, I don't see 3 more titles.
He could use a better cast of players around him, I mean JR Smith, really ?
K Love was great in Minn., but not consistant enough when it mattered.

I dont think he will catch MJ in # of rings. I am not of the opinion that the number of championships, Finals appearances...is a direct relationship to how great a player one is. Its just one thing to look at, and a good chunk of fans rate players that way. Totally acceptable way to rate too. Personally I look at a bigger picture, Remember, Charles got none, and he is a GREAT. Super difficult to compare different eras. Im old enough to have watched the LOGO on black and white tv when regular season wasnt televised regularly, nor the finals. I watched and listened to Chick on the radio as Jerry West and my lakers lost year after year to the F'n Celtics Wink . I watched Mikes career and he did stuff we didnt think we would see. I watched Kobe's career on a nightly basis and thought he was as close a MJ clone as possible yet he was no where near MJ. Lebron has a different game and I just think he is better, does more, bigger, stronger, more unstoppable than anyone. He's 32, he hasnt lost a step, probably 4 more years in his prime. I dont think anybody should or needs to agree with me, its only my opinion. In sports talk everyone gets an opinion.

Quote:
I don't think GS threw the game. They had a chance to make history by winning out all of the playoffs. I think they wanted that badly, but not as bad as Cleveland wanted to NOT be swept

Agree with you. Plus its hard for the refs to fake 49 1st qtr points and 89 at the half. Both records. Cavs wanted not to be swept more than the Warriors wanted to sweep the entire playoffs.

Quote:
..waiting for the Lakers to wake up and DO something... besides watching Mr. Basketball Logo walk away to the Clippers.

Right.
What is Jeanne, Magic thinking? He even said he would rather come back to the Lakers to end his career. Devastating turn of events.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to the Golden State Warriors Reply with quote

Well here we are again..... Rolling Eyes Confused

At least I got to see the Celtics take the Lebroncavs to 7 games w/out there 2 Stars... Dancing Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: