Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ZERO miles Engine for my 73 181
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71/72KGER Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: ZERO miles Engine for my 73 181 Reply with quote

Hi Folks I'm in the market for a new engine for my 73 Thing.

The goal is to have a dependable driver with a bit more power so I'm willing to go up to a 1776.

I'm located in Rockville Maryland and I would like to go local but the only "local" VW shop around here closed a number of years ago.

Its all about the money and my budget is 4K.

So my Fellow Thingers what does the group say?

Thanks
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: ZERO miles Engine for my 73 181 Reply with quote

Are you trying to stay fairly local, or are you willing to ship something in? There are a number of advertisers on here than can supply you with something, MoFoco, Brothers, CB, etc. If you wanted to try and build something yourself, the CB "builders choice" kits are pretty good, and have everything you need.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: ZERO miles Engine for my 73 181 Reply with quote

71/72KGER wrote:
Hi Folks I'm in the market for a new engine for my 73 Thing.

The goal is to have a dependable driver with a bit more power so I'm willing to go up to a 1776.

I'm located in Rockville Maryland and I would like to go local but the only "local" VW shop around here closed a number of years ago.

Its all about the money and my budget is 4K.

So my Fellow Thingers what does the group say?

Thanks
Chris

$4000 is a tight budget for a 1776. My complete 1776 engine sells for $3999 without clutch or exhaust. It is brand new(including the case)

http://www.mofoco.com/item/Series_I_Performance_Complete_69mm_X_90_5mm_Bore_CE1776/255/c70

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: