Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

VW: Self-Study Program Course Number 892103
Thought some of you might want to download this doc I found on the interwebs. It's pretty dang informative.
It also confirms. 2001-2003 EVCs do NOT have Electronic Stability control, but do have Electronic Differential Lock. It would take A LOT to add ESC to an EVC.
Link is below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UwjvsNjTMlWGVPem44akYzQUk/view?usp=sharing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boostin20v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

Some cool info in there, thanks!
gakali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

Useful info. thanks for posting this. Now if I could just find the similar publication for the '99 I'd be a happy camper. I presume it would be a '97 model year book with the 12 valve vr6 intro.

I am somewhat unaware of the post '99 features such as ESP and the electronic diff. lock. So it appears that the "diff lock" function is achieved by braking the spinning wheel in order to drive the other wheel? I just assumed it was some sort of actual diff lock. Guess not.

1999 Eurovan
2003 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro
1992 W201 190e 2.3 Mercedes
2006 W220 S600 V12 Twin Turbo 5.5 Mercedes
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

gakali wrote:
Useful info. thanks for posting this. Now if I could just find the similar publication for the '99 I'd be a happy camper. I presume it would be a '97 model year book with the 12 valve vr6 intro.

I am somewhat unaware of the post '99 features such as ESP and the electronic diff. lock. So it appears that the "diff lock" function is achieved by braking the spinning wheel in order to drive the other wheel? I just assumed it was some sort of actual diff lock. Guess not.

Nope. But it really works well just the same. Couple of vids on YouTube show it working. Google Vw edl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

Thanks for this PDF dixoncj. I was wondering how EDL would improve offroading in an '03 compared to the 1WD '95, wondering if it was worth the high prices for '01-03's. I was happy to read the EVC's did not have the full suite of ESP, only the EDL. Less is better sometimes.

I searched a bit and read '01-03's had "low-speed traction control", thanks for sharing how it works instead of a vague reference. Your contribution helped me to happily spend $28k on an '03, I think the limited slip feature will enhance offroad capability nicely. Just have to lift it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

Thanks for bumping this up. I hadn't seen the original post. Good info.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2001-2003 Eurovan Self Study Program PDF Reply with quote

This is really cool! I was surprised to see that the EVC wasn't available in Canada. Was this just the '01-'03 models, or all years?

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: