Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

I need a dual vacuum canister for a 73 bus if anyone has an extra. Or better yet, an entire distributor and can for a 74-75 bus.

See everyone later today!
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

mrlimbo wrote:
Stanagon wrote:
mrlimbo wrote:
Headed to Terryville Saturday about noon. See you guys there. I’m playing music Sunday. Any requests?

Modern English

NO Jimi H. first thing, something mellower.

Jimi is a tradition now, can’t stop.

Also broadcasting on 88.1 FM

Jim, you missed you chance to quote Filmore! " it's Hendrix, respect the classics man"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrlimbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

EA812 wrote:

Jim, you missed you chance to quote Filmore! " it's Hendrix, respect the classics man"

Ha! Totally slipped my mind.
'01 Jetta Honey's car
Looking for a Vanagon weekender or Escorial green camper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Requests? How about "Bertha Butt Boogie"

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Start the morning with Jimi's Star Spangled Banner
Zack1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

I just returned home from the show, and it was fantastic. Thank you to everyone who I'm sure worked tirelessly to make the show so amazing!
The show this year was even more special for me as it was my first year as a father. I have been going to the Litchfield show for at least twenty five years. I can't wait for next year!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Fantastic show! Great turnout and great weather! Dad loved seeing all of the buses.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone that organized the event. It was a very successful show. The swap meet was awesome. So many good parts and you could walk through many times and still find something.
Pics from our trip.
Tub Bus inaugural trip.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My bus had a wheel cylinder lock up on Rt. 44. Pulled over at a sweet biker bar to inspect. The biker gang was impressed with our preparedness and ability to fix things on the side of the road.

Swap meet at the camp out. Best time to sell in my opinion.

Buses at the show. Before the heat set in.

Rest stop cool down on 84
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Good times again on Fathers Day !! Thanks to the CVA guys that worked hard to put the show on, things seemed to go well with a few minor bumps in the road. 60 + parts venders was a nice site to see. My Truck ran great coming home, once agin the Mass. highway (91) tried to bite me in the ass on the way home, I lost a Hubcap, but a good samaritan pulled up alongside of me & hollered that I lost a hubcap, so after a couple quick "You-ees" I found it, next to 4 other caps...II hope everyone made it home safe, and not too sun burnt......

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

I will echo what others have said...great show and looked to be a fantastic turn out. it's been a long, long time since I have seen the vendor spaces go all they way into the show area like that. it had to be a record amount of vendors.

seemed to go off without a hitch. we took a different route home due to insane construction on our way in....you know one of those it took 45 mins to do 5 mile kind of deals. trip home was way easier.

I hope the show continues for years to come!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

excellent show, great job by CVA. thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lunatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

great show, happy to have it back Smile
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:
Thank you to everyone that organized the event. It was a very successful show. The swap meet was awesome. So many good parts and you could walk through many times and still find something.
Pics from our trip.
Tub Bus inaugural trip.

My bus had a wheel cylinder lock up on Rt. 44. Pulled over at a sweet biker bar to inspect. The biker gang was impressed with our preparedness and ability to fix things on the side of the road.

Swap meet at the camp out. Best time to sell in my opinion.

Buses at the show. Before the heat set in.

Rest stop cool down on 84

Terrific stuff thanks for sharing! How did you fix that wheel cylinder? I ask because I ran into the same issue on my 66 Beetle on the way back from the drive in two months back. I didn't know till I got home tho.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA812
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I will echo what others have said...great show and looked to be a fantastic turn out. it's been a long, long time since I have seen the vendor spaces go all they way into the show area like that. it had to be a record amount of vendors.

seemed to go off without a hitch. we took a different route home due to insane construction on our way in....you know one of those it took 45 mins to do 5 mile kind of deals. trip home was way easier.

I hope the show continues for years to come!

That construction was a nightmare on 6. We ended up shooting up route 8on the way home through Barkhampsted.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Awesome show. Very Happy My favorite VW at the show.

02/76 Beetle sedan

Last edited by APPLEGREENVW on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

EA812 wrote:

Terrific stuff thanks for sharing! How did you fix that wheel cylinder? I ask because I ran into the same issue on my 66 Beetle on the way back from the drive in two months back. I didn't know till I got home tho.

To fix the wheel cylinder I took the drum off and inspected all the parts. At first I thought one of the linings had fallen off and was wedged in there. I backed off the adjusting star a couple clicks. Had my brother push on the brake pedal that way I could watch to make sure it was moving. Put a bunch of new grease on the bearings. Showered that side with a brake clean douching, then bled that specific side. Everything seems okay now. I will replace both wheel cylinders this week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

[quote="EA812"]
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

That construction was a nightmare on 6. We ended up shooting up route 8on the way home through Barkhampsted.

I took some back roads to 72 to 4 in Harrwinton, stopped to see my Family in Canton, out thru Barkhamsted to Granby/ 91 north, smooth sailing North, no real traffic to deal with.

Great to see long time Vw people back in Ct. for Fathers day, thanks to all those that shared there cold water !!!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Drove up from New Jersey for camping and to swap. My family had a fantastic time, thank you to all of CVA for keeping this great tradition going.

Do you guys think the Lyon's Club would let us camp Friday? Little extra cash for them> They were really nice folks.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

EA812 wrote:

crukab wrote:

I took some back roads to 72 to 4 in Harrwinton, stopped to see my Family in Canton, out thru Barkhamsted to Granby/ 91 north, smooth sailing North, no real traffic to deal with

yea, same deal..we hit 8 and went by the original LFBI site. a bit out of the way, but it was WAY better than 6 for sure. it was funny driving by locust st, and not pulling out of there after the show.

oh well...their loss. too bad....they were pretty much the reason for the switch, and I hope the lyons club will work with the club to keep the show going!

also great to see chuckP out there as well!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville Bug Affair - June 17th 2018 - CT Reply with quote

Great show many thanks CVA for bringing it back.
Maybe it home with out any traffic ( 6W to 84N to 90East) was 6 bad after 84 going east? as we almost took that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: