Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hose ID Help
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWeGoBeachNow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Hose ID Help Reply with quote

Hi,

Can someone please let me know what this hose is for? I think it connects to the coolant expansion tank. The clamps are rusted and the hose looks like it needs to be replaced.

Much Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

4spd
stormforge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hose ID Help Reply with quote

Yup -- that's just a coolant hose that connects to the white plastic "bleeder ring" around the top of the engine compartment. I think that's just a regular 7mm or 8mm coolant line (not sure...). I'd replace it and any others that look like that with fresh hose and clamps. Regular coolant hose and clamps from your local auto parts store are fine for the small, plain hoses. The usual vanagon vendors can sell you the larger, fancy-shaped hoses and clamps.

-Bill
'89 Syncro
VWeGoBeachNow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hose ID Help Reply with quote

stormforge wrote:
Yup -- that's just a coolant hose that connects to the white plastic "bleeder ring" around the top of the engine compartment. I think that's just a regular 7mm or 8mm coolant line (not sure...). I'd replace it and any others that look like that with fresh hose and clamps. Regular coolant hose and clamps from your local auto parts store are fine for the small, plain hoses. The usual vanagon vendors can sell you the larger, fancy-shaped hoses and clamps.

-Bill
'89 Syncro

Thank You! From the engine diagram I found on GoWesty I was able to to narrow it down to something to do with the bleeder ring too. They sell a Coolant Bleed Ring Replacement Kit for $29.95 that replaces all the plastic ones. I might just go with that and get it all over with.

Much Thanks
4spd
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: