Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intermittent beeping noise
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlitoborrito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

I have an intermittent beeping noise that just started up in my '93 mv that has me scratching my head. It happens every 33ish seconds and it is coming from the rear left speaker only. Key in/out, ignition on/off, engine on/off, head unit on/off or even removed - the damn noise won't stop. I also tried pulling out the fuse for the radio (not sure if that's supposed to do anything)

Anyone have any thoughts on what I'm dealing with here? Evil speaker ghosts? Has Russia hacked my van? Is my van about to explode?
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

Anything plugged into the 12V sockets back there?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carlitoborrito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

Nope, nothing plugged in at all. I have an inverter hooked up to the aux battery but I made sure that it is switched off as well
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

Self destruct sequence has been initiated.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
JMB3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

According to a quick search, Blueant wireless speakers will do that http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/149-corolla-10th...ected.html

And garage door openers.

It's unlikely we will be able to guess what it is in your case.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

Smoke alarm?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
carlitoborrito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Intermittent beeping noise Reply with quote

Bingo! It was a the smoke alarm. Which explains why I thought the sound was coming from the nearby speaker. To be honest I completely forgot that there was a smoke alarm in there d'oh!

Now to solve the other, less mysterious noises she makes... Thanks for the assist!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: