Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

easy removal of front axle / beam using facory tool VW 610
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngobet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: easy removal of front axle / beam using facory tool VW 610 Reply with quote

Last weekend I built tool VW 610 according to the drawings found on the internet. It is called front axle cradle for trolley jack, isn't too complicated to build and is really one of the most useful tool for a vw.
Anyone who already swapped a front beam knows how difficult it is to put the front axle back in position, especially if it is narrowed. The tool makes that job possible for one person and it takes less than 5 min to do it.

The tool:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and with the front axle on, notice how the angle is perfect to insert the beam between the body and frame. The beam is hooked from the back, which allows to raise the beam in position without hitting the body.

busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: easy removal of front axle / beam using facory tool VW 610 Reply with quote

Good job! I like homemade tools.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David_nc_72std
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: easy removal of front axle / beam using facory tool VW 610 Reply with quote

ngobet wrote:
Last weekend I built tool VW 610 according to the drawings found on the internet.

You can find the plans for that in the technical section, looks like there were two versions, the one you build, and another that has the hooks for both the top and bottom axle beams.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/local_manufacture.php
k-weaver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: easy removal of front axle / beam using facory tool VW 610 Reply with quote

I was able to remove and install with a regular floor jack. I can see this being useful though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: