Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SO44 cushion upholstery
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SO44 cushion upholstery Reply with quote

That looks similar to the '72 only westy fabric.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: SO44 cushion upholstery Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
That looks similar to the '72 only westy fabric.
I had heard this too so I had a good look at an original 72 and it is different. I didn't get a picture but next time I see that bus I'll bring my triangle pillow 😀
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunter wrote:
This is what I think.
By American Specs I meant m-coded for a American port.

A tourist delivery bus is a euro bus with american specs added by the factory at the request of the purchaser. Tourist delivery buses are customer special ordered buses. Built by vw with "x" ordered options. Then
sent to Westfalia to be finished. Then to be picked up in Germany.

The bus would have then been sent to Westfalia to have the interior installed.

There is one of 3 options. The factory sent all SO-42/SO-44 westys m-coded with american ports to have the vinyl as this was the only westy option for that market.

Option 2 was home market therefore both available.

Option 3 tourist delivery the purchaser can pick which interior he would like to have in their bus. Which specs go with it. ie euro power hookup in the rear and inside, water jugs and other Westy options.

From what I remember Type2 mister had posted a Westy spec sheet with all the options and prices that you could purchase with your bus. This is why there
are different combos.

Also this is why some buses came with different tents and a dormobile top. This is why SO-44 Dormobiles are so rare as this was the most expensive option to buy.

My bus is the same as yours. Tourist delivery with factory options of gas heater, locking steering column, but factory amer spec bumpers and lights.

Therefore our buses are VW euro buses with the (amer spec) option added, requested by the purchaser.

Gunter

This is great news. I just decoded my '65 poptop and it is a tourist delivery. I hate the vinyl, so I feel comfortable putting in the plaid now. I'm going to mouse gray/PW 2 tone it too. I believe that could be ordered too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: