Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need dimensions of the Riviera poptop mattresses
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bram
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Need dimensions of the Riviera poptop mattresses Reply with quote

Who can tell me the size of the mattress(es) that go inside the poptop?
I have one old torn piece, approximately 38,5" (98cm) by 50,5" (128,5cm), and 2" (5cm) thick.
Is this right?
And i guess there should be a second mattress, what size should that be?
neena
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need dimensions of the Riviera poptop mattresses Reply with quote

I planned to make 2 cushions to match the platform measurements: 51" x 41" and 21" x 41". However, after test fitting the larger mattress, I discovered that they need to be narrower than the actual platform so the top will fully close. The length should just match your two pieces of wood and the width should be no more than 38" or 39" so the top can close without difficulty.

I eventually decided not to bother with making a cushion and instead use a deluxe 3.5" thick self-inflating camp mattress. I also covered the wood with a thin layer of batting (using spray adhesive) and the fabric I was going to make mattresses with to give it a more finished look and feel. You can see a picture of that at the bottom of page 4 on this thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=60

'70 Riviera. 1600 SP with 30 PICT 3 carburetor, 205M distributor, stock muffler

@chaseyessi on Instagram
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: