Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tires
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Syverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Tires Reply with quote

There's not many tire choices out there for stock 14 inch rims. One of them is the General Grabber AT-2 27 x 8.5 R14, a very nice looking tire. I just ordered some today and was told they are being discontinued. They are being replaced with ATX 27x8.5 R14. Basically the same tire but looking a little different on the sides. Not bad, but maybe not what some would like to see. I was able to get some ordered in from another state to a local Discount Tire Store.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TyWebb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

I did not know they were being discontinued. Funny, but I ordered a set of the AT-2s through Amazon yesterday. $96 each delivered. Glad I got a set and thanks for letting us know they are not going to be available anymore.

Patrick.

"Don't sell yourself short judge, you're a tremendous slouch."
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

Did you try Tirerack.Com, thats where I get all my tires, for the Thing up to my modern Hondas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

Looks like the bit of rounding on the outer tread row might reduce the rubbing a bit.
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

The headlight buckets are quite often the cause of that tire rubbing. This can be solved by removing the headlight assembly and front tire. Look at the tire mark on the headlight bucket. Then using a rubber mallet carefully dent your headlight bucket in the exact place where the paint is damaged. Bingo...
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

General Grabbers don't rub on a standard height Thing.
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

Good to know. Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: