Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

single master cylinder reservoir question
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

hey guys,i have the small reservoir single for my master cylinder 1962.do i need to go rubber line from it to a small piece of brake line into the rubber grommet on the master?.and do i flare the brake line or just shove it down into the rubber connector?.what size line fits in the rubber (plug/holder)?.whats the process in putting this thing together?. (the line from the reservoir to the rubber plug on the master.) Thanks.i hate the idea of all 4 brakes on one reservoir BUT i ordered these parts months ago and dont want to waste a new master cylinder.i have installed all new rear seals, bearings,brakes,brake cylinders,front brakes,cylinders, inner and outer bearings,new after market single pinch nut and front seals.its all brand new now.last step installing this master.and yes i already bench bleed it.thanks again...sean
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

You probably should try to fit reservoir directly to groment in MC... Adding line is ok, but it raises reservoir up to a point it may cause you grief trying to check/add fluid...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

what it had originally is a small tin tube,(with a grommet and a plastic nut holding the tube to the reservoir) its a few inches long the tin tube coming out of the reservoir.attached to that(tin tube) was a short piece of braided hose,plugged into that(the braided hose) was a short piece of brake line that goes into the rubber grommet on top of master cylinder.i just dont know if that brake line should be flared going into the rubber grommet.i believe this was all a factory setup.my reservoir wont screw into or attach any other way that i can see to the master cylinder Dale.i pulled it apart months ago but it was all rotted etc.cant remember..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

i found it.flared end.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

ON next project, tag & bag everything....

Dale

All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

i been trying Dale.lol.i just kept getting deeper and deeper into this build and parts.over $6,200 in the build and its not even where i want it yet.everything adds up so damn fast!!..thanx for all the help so far Dale.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: single master cylinder reservoir question Reply with quote

62kellison wrote:
i been trying Dale.lol.i just kept getting deeper and deeper into this build and parts.over $6,200 in the build and its not even where i want it yet.everything adds up so damn fast!!..thanx for all the help so far Dale.

You have a ways to go yet... My build was over $9000 in 2001-2...

Keep smiling...

Dale

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: