Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

a real deal 68 westy would be cool, just for the "first year" and "1 year only" status the 68 would have had, like a smooth pop top for example

I love this quote, aren’t ALL cars one year only?😛

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

lonotch wrote:

My argument as well. My ‘66 bug and my wife’s ‘15 Passat were also one year only cars. Weird.
areabaylove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

RixiesRide wrote:
In San Joaquin County you can call the Assesors office, give them the street address and they will give you the owners info. You don't need to know the parcel number.

I googled Alameda County Assesors office and there was a number to call to get property info.
you da man, MAN!! thanks a bunch
djdh68dlux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

Things may change, and this was done at a very small town DMV, not one of the larger LA area sites, so they were much nicer.

This makes a huge difference! The less crowded a DMV, the friendlier, more helpful they will be. I've done most of my DMV related stuff at AAA for the past couple of years. Much more friendly at AAA, and much more willing to help. At least more willing to help as much as they can, as the DMV limits what services they can do. Good luck.

Looking for a VW club in Southern California? Check out Inland Valley Volkswagens: www.ivvw.org
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

[quote="lonotch"]

... OR, "German sausage are the wurst."

... NOT ALL cars are one year only as '55 type ones were January first to July 31st... then 1956 model year began on August first...

... what about the Bay window model-line? August first 1968 to July 31, 1979... I know what you mean - just depends, how one defines it...

My mom bought a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang - was that a one year only... there are lots of exceptions, to any rule - more than one way to define anything... thankfully.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

[quote="ZENVWDRIVER"]
lonotch wrote:

... OR, "German sausage are the wurst."

... NOT ALL cars are one year only as '55 type ones were January first to July 31st... then 1956 model year began on August first...

... what about the Bay window model-line? August first 1968 to July 31, 1979... I know what you mean - just depends, how one defines it...

My mom bought a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang - was that a one year only... there are lots of exceptions, to any rule - more than one way to define anything... thankfully.

I can see one year only parts but not a one year only car. 😉

Plus a 64 1/2 mustang were sold and titled as 65’s they were just made before the regular production date for about 6 months I think.

Now I’ve seen a few buses in the bus thread that has many year parts on them so you could have car that is more than one year.😄

German Folks
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

funny....

so many that have quoted me would have a stroke if their car didn't have the right month, let alone year fuel pump.

weird....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

I like to see all of the buses saved, and I think this one should be. Who knows, if it was converted by a camper company, it could be the last one left.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I like to see all of the buses saved, and I think this one should be. Who knows, if it was converted by a camper company, it could be the last one left.

what I was getting at is it isn't a top dollar bus. if it's solid and complete...may be a 3-5K bus. now, that is east coast rust belt money. in CA, it may be a 1-2500 bus...dunno the market there.

that said, the o/p shouldn't blow the load on this thing. if it's going to be a "keeper" for the o/p that's one thing....if the o/p is looking for flipper bait, I would check the local market. just to make this go down the road assuming the engine is "ok" will be a few thousand by the time you do brakes, tires and all of the other "sat for years" b/s that crops up

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

what I was getting at is it isn't a top dollar bus. if it's solid and complete...may be a 3-5K bus. now, that is east coast rust belt money. in CA, it may be a 1-2500 bus...dunno the market there. that said, the o/p shouldn't blow the load on this thing. if it's going to be a "keeper" for the o/p that's one thing....if the o/p is looking for flipper bait, I would check the local market. just to make this go down the road assuming the engine is "ok" will be a few thousand by the time you do brakes, tires and all of the other "sat for years" b/s that crops up
I agree, this isn't an instant flip bus, this would definitely take money if he wanted to try to sell it. And you're right, he's in California, so it definitely isn't going to bring too much. It would still be interesting to see who the conversion company, if it was a company, is though.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

If you have the address, then you can find the parcel number, from that you can find out who owns it.
You can do it all on line, no need to call anyone.

http://gis.acgov.org/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=parcel_viewer
http://acgov.org/assessor/about_property_assessment/owner-info.htm

If the title is lost, the owner, or the person with power of attorney if the person is too sick or dead, can get a replacement title.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=...wto/htvr10

To deal with any non-payment of fees from the former owner you can fill out a Statement of Fact, and get the fees waved.

The time and effort you take to do all of this is worth money, whoever sells you the Bus will need to realize that, but don't be a dick about it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

Ca. laws have changed. My non-op wasnt on the books anymore either. If not on their books you need to have a vin inspection. AAA will do it but it has to be in 100% working order. You can have a private one do it and they will work with you, not running and etc.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Help me save a bus that's rotting in a driveway!! California Reply with quote

in CA, it may be a 1-2500 bus...dunno the market there.

That’s a $4,000 bus in CA. Even bay windows are going for stupid money out here.

I’ve been looking for a bus, but I’m not spending $3k and up for a bay window that needs another $10k to be able to be reliable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: