Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

72 cab door inner lock mechanism
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
plimthing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: 72 cab door inner lock mechanism Reply with quote

So my beloved heap throws up another problem
Its a 72, but it looks like it has a pair of new aftermarket doors fitted. They fit in the hole kinda good, so thumbs up so far.
However the mechanism for the inner latch/lock lever is bugging me. firstly the lever/catch housing bolt holes are a different pitch to what is on the door. Plus to make things worse the operating rod appears to be too short.
So my question is this, are the mechanisms different on later bays which would make sense of the difference in hole pitch and length of rod??
Thanks
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: 72 cab door inner lock mechanism Reply with quote

Hope these help.

Cab Door ID T2
Door Lock Search
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...t_dir=DESC
Online Bay Window Parts Manuals

Good day
Tcash
plimthing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 72 cab door inner lock mechanism Reply with quote

thanks for pics Tcash!
I looked in a few online shops and found out that on later buses the actuating rod is 510mm long, which unbelievably is the length of the 2 rods I have.
But when I have everything connected up the inner lock lever will not locate in the pre drilled holes/nuts in the door skin. Im a good 25mm out. Meaning I either need to get a longer rod or drill the door again in the correct place.
If I move the holes I have another problem then with the door cards as the lever surround cut out will be wrong.
On a positive note I cleaned the lock mechanisms and can now lock and unlock the doors from the same key! Result.
I will call today a draw in the battle against the 72 from hell.
I'll take a photo of my door so someone can add it to the door id thread.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: