Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: O.E.S.
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Incredible Restoration! Reply with quote

I sent my 1966 bus speedo to Ryan to restore. He did an amazing job, the thing looks straight from the factory.

He had excellent communication with me and the turn around time for the job was fast.

I will be sending my deluxe clock and gas gauge down for restoration to him very soon.

Spitty
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send a split window speedometer and clock to Ryan and they arrived at his shopDecember 14, 2013. After multiple emails, it took until the end of April 2014 to get my speedometer back. He did a great job on the speedometer although the screw terminal light bulb holder and bulb were not returned. I contacted him and he said he had forgotten them and could send them back right away. I chose to wait and have them sent back with the clock which he assured me would be ready shortly.

June 11 - "Your clock is still in line. My clock tech is playing catchup and is getting close to yours. I think there is one left in front of it but will double check and try to expedite and/or get a time frame in the morning."

July 3 - "Yours is next in line and the one he is working on should be done this week. HOPEFULLY by late this month it will be on it's way back to you. August at the latest depending on what parts it needs but it seems to be a good core so hopefully not much.
Thanks for your patience."

August 6 - "I emailed my clock tech for an update. Have not heard back yet. Will update you as soon as I hear from him.
I will send him another email right now."

I got no email with an update

September 3 - "SUPER sorry for the lag. He started it a week and a half ago but took a vacation. He got back into the shop yesterday and continued the teardown. As of yesterday, he did not update me with any catastrophic damage. Hopefully it will be a pretty staright-forward overhaul. I am hoping that the teardown will be complete this week. I have every confidence that your clock will be ticking away in your Beetle by months end. Again, I am VERY sorry for the amount of time this has taken. It has proven difficult to find a clock technician who is thorough and timely. My current tech is VERY thorough, but not very timely. Further update this week for sure.
Thanks,
Ryan"

I got no update that week

September 30 - "Waiting to hear back from my clock tech but am hopeful that it will be done this week. Will let you know as soon as I hear something.
Thanks,
Ryan"

I've had to initiate contact and bug him for an update every time.

It's now near the end of October and I still do not have my clock back although I have requested now twice that I get it back immediately.

I had resisted posting feedback until I got my clock back but at this point it looks like my clock is gone, never to be returned. I'm disappointed to say the least. A several hundred dollar mistake to trust him with it.

I am happy with the speedo restoration but I DO NOT recommend him for any work he does not do himself like clocks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update to my post above.

I did finally receive my clock back. The return address on the box was Tony Moore at Wolfsburg West so perhaps that is where it has been. Who knows.

I did not get the 2 screw terminal light bulb holders back (one in the clock and one in the speedo) nor the spare parts I was promised but at least I have the clock back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: restoration Reply with quote

I sent him my fuel gauge, speedometer, and clock. It took him about 2 months to even do anything to my fuel gauge and speedometer. Once I got them back they both had paint flaking off, the chrome rings were only cleaned up and still had all the rust pits in them. Then the glass covers had rust stains on them and he replaced my cracked speedometer face with a less noticeably cracked speedo face. He charged about $400 to do a half done job and once I brought it up he said he'd fix and that I just had to note what I wanted fixed. The whole point was for it to be done right in the first place which it wasn't but I sent them back anyways since I was out 400. When I got them back after another month he only fixed the flaked paint and ignored everything else I noted. I understand that these parts are 40 years old but there's still good parts out there and for a type 3 there cheap and I would've paid extra to have it done right. On top of that he still had my clock and hadn't started it so I just had him send that back. Very unhappy with his work. There's people that take pride in their work and I just don't see that here after getting them like that
cwgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Slow but sure... Reply with quote

I recently ordered a 90 mph speedo for my 1970 beetle from Ryan/OES. I had a later model speedo in my car and wanted the correct part.
Pros
End product was nicely done - very clean
Odometer was set to zero
Gells are bright
He gave some credit for my old core
Cons
Gas gauge didn't work properly on the Refurbished Speedo which was kind of a bummer. He did send a new "vibrator" but it added to the wait time
Slow turn around time - my being in FL probably didn't help...

Over all, I would recommend Ryan and OES. He does good work but don't be in a hurry.
sparkit911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Orange Empire Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Orange Empire is still in business? After several emails with Ryan I sent me speedo for a rebuild but no reply to my emails, the phone does not work, and I have proof of delivery. Is he still around or did I get ripped off.
stroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah same here...has a trip speedo and clock of mine.
Won't reply to emails
loganHere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Has my speedometer and $200. Won't reply to emails. Reply with quote

Sent him my speedometer about a year ago with $200. He refurbished it and sent it back. did not work correctly. Sent it back to him again and haven't seen it since. Hasn't replied to emails in about a month.
sparkit911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Orange Empire Reply with quote

Heard from Ryan today. Been out with an emergency so now back to work. He is too strong a player in this resto game to not come through. Can't wait to see my referbished speedo.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid him twice for my 1965 DC speedo that still don't work right, it vibrates from 45mph to 60mph and now it's making noises, brought the issue a few times, he just shake his head, like saying though luck!

I guess I'll be looking to replace my speedo soon, but will look somewhere else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cjsmitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

I ordered a speedo from Ryan back in September even thou he had a family emergency during that time he was still in contact with me the entire time. I received the item as soon as he got back and it was just like the ad stated. We would recommend Ryan. We are doing more business with him currently and will continue to do so.

http://instagram.com/smittys_auto_body
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
righini68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Ryan is a professional at restoring VW speedos. I recently purchased one of his restored speedos for a restoration and it turned out amazing. Highly recommend Ryan!
Victordlt43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

So my 59 single cab arrived from Florida and I was almost at tears to see the actual condition...... after getting nothing but encouragement from friends and meeting lots of people on here buying parts became normal to spend hours a day on the Samba..... then came what to do about the speedo? Do I buy used? Do I buy a refurbished unit? Then a friend says restore yours........ so he says see if it's dated to match your SC? So we pull it out and sure enough it's dated 59..... that was it I knew right there I wanted the original back in the SC..... where through people I came across Ryan at Orange Empire.... so I contacted Ryan and he gives me different options to have speedo make it to him and it finally goes off to Orange empire..... tracking # says it made it so I could sleep better.... I was in no rush and knew it was in good hands.....l communicating with Ryan was awesome and he was upfront with everything and what options and cost I should consider but never pushed anything I didn't want or need. So Ryan emails and says your speedo is ready and like before offers different ways to get the speedo to me........ so I meet Ryan in HB....... the Speedo came out amazing WOW! Ryan is a great guy to do business with would highly recommend him to anyone and I know for sure I will be doing business with Ryan again soon...... thanks again Ryan!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

reeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Ryan did an amazing set of gauges for my '62 Samba. Helped me win best in class at the Classic and VW d'Elegance shows this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
minxster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Well..Ryan has supplied 2 speedos and a fabulous deluxe clock too
Top quality ,great service and well priced
Dont go anywhere else!!
craig johnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Had Q.E.S restore a speedo for my 1957 23 window bus did an outstanding job at a fair price. This is the second time I have dealt with Ryan, he had previously sold me a nos speedo for my 1959 convertible. Very happy with both speedometers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
woodfloor1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Just recieved my early bus clock from Ryan and it is absolutely stunning. Here is a pic next to a late Deluxe clock that he previously restored. You can't get any better than this and is well worth the wait!!! Thank you Orange Empire Speedometer for a job well done!
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

Just had Ryan refurbish my 76 Beetle speedometer. Turn around time was just over two weeks and it looks fantastic. Over the past few years, I've purchased refurbished speedometers for my 61 bus and my 66 Fastback from OES and wouldn't go anywhere else. Highly recommended!
scalevws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

I send my 60 bus speedo to have it gone over. It looks brand new. Awesome job! Quick turn around of 2 weeks. Could not be happier.

Thanks!
scalevws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: O.E.S. - [email protected] - Orange Empire Speedometer Reply with quote

I sent a second speedometer out to have it redone since I was happy with the way the first turned out.
Again, another excellent job. Fast, great communication, wonderful work. Super happy.

Rickd
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: