Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Fuel injection questions thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgbugman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Jumper from 15 to where?
78 vert for my wife
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Battery power, like the big terminal on the alternator.
Edit: disconnect after test.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
bgbugman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

I do have an ignition switch on my stand but I went out and checked it anyway. It doesn't lose power and still dies out.
78 vert for my wife
bgbugman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

So as I'm sitting here looking at this motor, scratching my head, I notice that the G light is very dim when the key is turned to on position. It does go out when it starts up for that second. So I think I wonder how the ground is on that alternator circuit since I powder coated everything on this motor. Guess what happens when I run a jumper ground to the battery? Car starts up, runs great! Thanks guys for your help, I do appreciate your time.
78 vert for my wife
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Ding ding ding!, it's usually the simple stuff, L-jet doesn't often suffer from real demons, glad you figured it out.

Powdercoated alternator?, lets see some pics!

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
chrisarnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

How do I test the cylinder head temp sensor?

How do I test the thermo switch?
Ohms between pins at 68 degrees 35.5.. correct me if I’m wrong, but when I touch the meter’s wires to each other I get .7 ohms. So would I subtract that from the reading? To make it 34.8 ohms?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Correct on deducting the error, the Bentley has specs for the TTS.
For the TS2 read this: http://www.ratwell.com/technical/TempSensorII.html

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

i have to replace the hose that goes to the driver side injector as I had noticed I was losing fuel fast. The hose is soaked. I have to remove the injector to get to the clamp, but I have never done this. How do I remove the injector? THe beige cap on top of it?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

pbnj wrote:
i have to replace the hose that goes to the driver side injector as I had noticed I was losing fuel fast. The hose is soaked. I have to remove the injector to get to the clamp, but I have never done this. How do I remove the injector? THe beige cap on top of it?

The injectors are retained by rings secured with a 6mm nut (10mm wrench) against the manifold just above the injector, you'll want a new set of base seals and rubber retainer rings for the reinstallation. If one hose has failed do them all, use SAE J30R9 hose and proper fuel injection clamps too, no worm clamps.

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I have never done this, so I am a bit leery. I have german rubber fi hose. how do i remove the beige box on top of the injector? is it possible the injector itself is leaking? I lost a lot of fuel coming home last night. left a trail.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by "box", but if it's the plug (blue in this gallery pic) it's part of the injector. Injectors don't often leak, but nothing's impossible, try the hose first.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

well, it took some time to get the hose reconnected to the rail/T once the injector was in. I have ac(that does not work) so it was tough working in such small space. the injector did not have a nut to loosen, as it just pulled out with a turn. Got it back together and no sign of fuel. I'll get to the others with my mechanic in the coming weeks. thanks again
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Good to hear you got it done.
pbnj wrote:
the injector did not have a nut to loosen, as it just pulled out with a turn.

That's disturbing, did you take any pics mid job?

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Here is a couple of shots with the injector out:

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

So it didn't have a steel ring with a tab sticking out over it?, I wonder how it stays in there?, you'll want to deal with that ASAP, if it leaks vacuum you will burn a piston and that's really bad.

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

does not look like the one you show. standard fuel line connected to it. Its a 77 bug, with a 79 engine. Maybe different? The injector slips through a fixed ring, where the seal is on the opposite side.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Disregard the pressed on line with the bell collar securing it, someone may have removed yours years ago and substituted a clamp. I'm referring to the teardrop shaped part between the plug and the nozzle, it pushes down on the retainer ring to force the injector against the seal.

Слава Україні!
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

I did not see that in my bug, but I will take a look next time I get a chance. I have tried to contact the previous owner who was responsible for it before the older couple that I bought it from, but have never ha any luck. Thanks
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

ran perfect yesterday, but like crap this morning. Very sluggish, especially in 3rd. Rumblin a bit. Checked for leaks, but nothing. Won't get a chance to look at it again until late tonight.
pbnj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Fuel injection questions thread Reply with quote

Here is a shot before i took the fuel line and injector out. Note the metal piece that may be like the one you referred to. Still, the injector pulled out with a twist

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 56

Jump to: