Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fourteen States in Seven Weeks?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:
Clatter wrote:
Congrats.
The bass is by far the BEST instrument of them all.

Definitely most underrated! Basses bring a band from bland to booming.

Yeah baby, just like Bootsy Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Ain’ nothin’ but a party baby..... Cool

Bass is a pretty supportive part of any band...

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

How the Jammin' going Robbie??

Getting the hang of layin' down a fat bassline?
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
How the Jammin' going Robbie??

Getting the hang of layin' down a fat bassline?

Jamming was good. No, great.

Didn’t have enough refreshments at the party, so I had to take moms bug to get more. Fun fact: the Type 1 chassis handles better with more weight up front.

And if your accelerator pedal is actually adjusted properly, 75 mph still has some pedal left to give!

Robbie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Nice Cool

Good to see you can still appreciate a Type1, I'd hate to have Carol be underappreciated Wink
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Nice Cool

Good to see you can still appreciate a Type1, I'd hate to have Carol be underappreciated Wink

That car was sold early 2017, almost six months after I bought it and poured too much money into it. The metaphorical straw that broke my back was when my brother commented on me, being homeless, owning three cars. Embarassed

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Nice Cool

That car was sold early 2017, almost six months after I bought it and poured too much money into it. The metaphorical straw that broke my back was when my brother commented on me, being homeless, owning three cars. Embarassed

Robbie

Oh, well life goes on, eh? Carry on bus'n! (with the occasional Bug'n in mom's vert Wink )

Also, I can thoroughly appreciate the retro/A New Hope gif Very Happy
Whaanga
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

I'm a little late to the discussion Robbie but want to wish you well with your bass pursuits.

If you ever make it to New York State, I'll be glad to swap some bass help for some AirSchooled expertise.

After all, I like to remind all of my non-bass-playing friends that the bass is the ONLY instrument with its name on every stereo.

E - A - D - G

Jeff
[Admin note: non-VW photos are deleted from the Gallery]

Last edited by Whaanga on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Hey Jeff, thanks for jumping in! I didn’t recognize you until I saw your name signed!

I was 50/50 on PM-ing you for some bass help, but I got lucky with the set list; we chugged through some John Mayer, 311, Cat Stevens, and an original from my brother and I.

I have some pictures and a video I’ll post next week maybe... This week I’ll be driving the bug another 250 miles flat out, and hitching a ride to Portland to pick up my bus and new fridge!

Robbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
... This week I’ll be driving the bug another 250 miles flat out....
Robbie

Shhh....don't tell Buddy Shhh
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Whaanga wrote:
I'm a little late to the discussion Robbie but want to wish you well with your bass pursuits.

If you ever make it to New York State, I'll be glad to swap some bass help for some AirSchooled expertise.

After all, I like to remind all of my non-bass-playing friends that the bass is the ONLY instrument with its name on every stereo.

E - A - D - G

Jeff

A bass is a Phish, especially of it’s a Striper...
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Whaanga wrote:

E - A - D - G

Jeff
[Admin note: non-VW photos are deleted from the Gallery]
I’m thinking of making a two stringed instrument tuned to B - E and calling it the treble..... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Btw, that 58 pack of beer we bought on Monday will be gone by morning.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked beer n choc o chip cookies--- Very Happy breakfast of champions---

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
Shocked Shocked beer n choc o chip cookies--- Very Happy breakfast of champions---
Yeah, my taste buds and brain just couldn’t connect the two flavors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Hey Robbie... You're now beginning week number 9.
Have you made it thru the 14 states?
Has it been a good and successful tour d' US?

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Yo, Robbie!

Where you at nowadays?
Out there achieving Bus nirvana!?! Very Happy
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Damn I had a huge reply typed up and my phone died. Rebuilt a steering box at the campground, sampled craft brews, played guitar, hiked, and installed a steering box. Pictures are in my gallery- not enough cell service here for me to write up a story. Someone wanna post them and caption them for me? Wink

Robbie
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Damn I had a huge reply typed up and my phone died. Rebuilt a steering box at the campground, sampled craft brews, played guitar, hiked, and installed a steering box. Pictures are in my gallery- not enough cell service here for me to write up a story. Someone wanna post them and caption them for me? Wink

Robbie

He'll come back to civilization when he runs out of beer. Or his friends get new girlfriends and forget about him... . We'll all be here Robbie when you come back to civilization.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:

Robbie

Buddy the bus steering box rebuild
asrt trough Oregon and stuff

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourteen States in Seven Weeks? Reply with quote

Hey y'all! I just fired up my laptop for the first time in a month, and was greeted with my last photos I imported: Chicago in May. Shocked

Since then, it's been some 4,200 miles of mostly trouble-free driving. I had the bent rim in Wisconsin, generator brush failure in Minnesota, and then the first ever (I assume…) rear wheel alignment in a campground in La Pine, Oregon.

Rebuilt and installed the $60 steering box, so Buddy's original box can be sent to Wolfgang International for machining of the case and pressing in of silica-bronze bushings for the clunky output shaft.

Booked it to the Lucky Lab for a Monday Meetup. Drove Tristessa's bad-ass bus and hit 60 in fourth before dropping into FIFTH GEAR! Double-clutched down from fifth to third at 50mph hitting the uphill interchanges with aplomb. What a beautiful Volkswagen experience, at 1.5 times the normal speed!

Headed to Xevin's. Stayed up so late that I ended up doing this at noon instead of 9am.

Stayed up too late again to confirm the function of the new and patented Auxiliary Auxiliary Air Regulator, or AAAR for short. Wink

Pictures? Xevin, do you have pictures? Or a report of the functional difference on your big-valve, big-cam, big horsepower engine with stock fuel injection?

Have wacky ideas with excellent execution, will travel,
Robbie

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: