Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2000 Eurovan Transmission Code Interchangeability
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckmingle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: 2000 Eurovan Transmission Code Interchangeability Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 00 Eurovan MV with a bad trans. I realize getting a proper rebuild would be the correct way to do it, but I wanted to try to find a cheap used trans to hold me over since I'd be doing that work myself. The van currently has a DRG transmission it, would it be possible to use a different code transmission? I know that the EQH and EQJ both have the same final drive as the DRG but I'm assuming that there is probably something else different between them. Would getting the corresponding TCU with the transmission make it possible to swap trans codes or could the transmission work by itself?
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan Transmission Code Interchangeability Reply with quote

Sonnax seems to imply that all the '99 and later transmissions, or at least the valve bodies are the same.

https://www.sonnax.com/parts/4177-remanufactured-valve-body

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
chuckmingle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan Transmission Code Interchangeability Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this?
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan Transmission Code Interchangeability Reply with quote

EQH should probably operate the same as your DRG, as each clutch pack has the same number of clutches and steels, and the two transmissions have the exact same ratios. You would still need to double check that the torque converter is compatible, as the DRG was built with either of 2 different turbine shafts (with, or without a sleeve bearing).

The EQJ was equipped with 24v VR6 engines; it has different gear ratios and a different number of clutches/steels in the K3 and B2 clutches. Your TCM will shift it (as Zeitgeist mentioned, the valve bodies are the same), but can it adjust for the different pressure rates needed for K3 and B2? It can hardly adjust for wear of the clutch packs to maintain consistent shifts as it is, so I really don't know if this would be a simple drop-in.

I don't think electrickery works that way
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: