Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1990 Westfalia front table and stand
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doverdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

My 1990 Westfalia did not come with a front table and stand when I bought it. I am looking for a front table and stand that goes by the driver seat. I noticed some of the vendors have them for sale but they are pretty expensive. Does anyone have an extra one they would part with? I would happily pay for them and the shipping. Thank you
sphet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

I think you would have luck looking through the classifieds on this site, or posting a Wanted To Buy (WTB) yourself. Depending where you live they show up on craigslist sometimes, too.

Here's a link to the classified for tables:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...rds=table+
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

The front table is handy although I no longer use it with the stand (leg). I just put the front table across the driver’s seat (above the arm rests, between the steering wheel and seat back) and use it in that location. The stand is heavy and too much stuff doing too little so I leave it at home.

FWIW, YMMV.

Enjoy your van!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

I think Gowesty sells them new if you are willing to pay. It might be easier than getting a used one. John
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

Unfortunately the table, legs and brackets usually are not cheap. I think the front table and leg often is removed from Westys by the owner and then forgotten or lost when a sale occurs. Patience, TheSamba ads, craigslist and junkyards are your friends.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

I have mine. Never have used it, but will not sell it.

I use the leg of the table to hold paper towels
metropoj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
I have mine. Never have used it, but will not sell it.

I use the leg of the table to hold paper towels

lol, Same-zees ! I see many move the bracket over to the passenger side and use as a step up to the bunk too.

Last big trip I left the front table at home.
pushkick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1990 Westfalia front table and stand Reply with quote

i just got rid of the original setup and put in aluminum tubing and plastic 90 deg elbow and used the original mount on the corner of box. just happens that my bike work stand is the same size tubing. i dont use table much but use the arm to support a cup holder that i made.
1990 vw automatic camper
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: