Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ESA your thoughts
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Just to add,
My wife has been in property management for over 10 years. Working in various offices as well as the manager of different apartment complex’s. Say you want to move in to a nice new apartment or house, but they don’t allow pets. Or better yet they have breed restrictions. Like pit bulls for example. If you go on amazon and get your animal a fake ESA certificate the property management MUST let you have said animal on the property. It’s ridiculous. And there’s no way to validate the authenticity of said certificate.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
You mean like those "cry closets" recently installed at the U of Utah?

Wow. I just looked that up and it's true. Guess they outgrew the bathroom stall. Everyone gets a trophy. Rolling Eyes
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

In the same vain of being unable to cope with the everyday stresses that have always been part of this world our employer knows offers an option to the newly hired. It's referred to as the "Stress Card".
If you find you are having difficulty performing your job physically or emotionally you can hand this card to your boss. For a few minutes the newly hired can try and recover and return to duty. It's really not an especially difficult ot stressfull environment. What ever happened to 'Do your Job"! Confused

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Ultimately the courts decide most rights based on time,place and manner restrictions. This extends to most types of property ownership as well. Contact with the outside world puts one at risk of all sorts of ills from the environment and the public. Learn to live with it or stay home. Our rights are not based on common sense, public sentiment, or nostalgic longings for the paradigms of old. They are a very complex set of social contracts defined by the Supreme Court which has the right of judicial review ( Marbury vrs Madison 1803 ) . We can read the constitution and discuss its meaning till the end of time, only the court has the power to interpret and enforce the document.

I simply will not pass judgement on another's need for a bit of assistance ( or a cry closet for that matter, seems safer than pharma drugs ). I doubt the courts will hear this matter either since there is extensive precedence concerning this type of property, especially in public spaces.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Poor you, Doggies Bother you?. Eat A Bowl Of Fuck
We have two Tea Cup Yorke’s that my wife has registered has Service Dogs. Mostly they ride around with us in a pet carriage.
She also has a Handicapped Parking Permit, and I spent $160 in tips for Handicapped Service Assistance flying to, and back from Denver.
In order to Fly your pet, even a service dog, you have to get a health certificate from your vet, that was another $75.
So at least Flying with my pet you’re not likely to get •Ringworm •Salmonellosis •Leptospirosis •Lyme disease •Campylobacter infection
•Giardia infection •Cryptosporidium infection •Roundworms •Hookworms •Scabies •Harvest mites •Rabies because your vet has just checked out your animal.
Even if she hadn’t registered our Yorke’s as Service Dogs, I could have still flown them in the cabin to and from Denver for $95 each.
Fuck I paid $75 for an overweight bag coming back from Denver!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:

We have two Tea Cup Yorke’s that my wife has registered has Service Dogs. Mostly they ride around with us in a pet carriage.

So...not that we expect a honest answer but, are they registered as service animals because your wife has a legitimate need for emotional support from them or is it really due to the fact that you just don't want to leave them at the house or don't want them stowed as luggage?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

I"m goinna try to get this in before we get locked.
Part of being a good citizen is respecting the folks around you. There are legitimate reasons a person may need to have their animal travel an airline. But don't assume just because you think your animal is cute our cool certainly does not mean I will think the same. I can accept it but don't have to agree or like it.The truth is as I get older most everything is an annoyannce Rolling Eyes

Mike Gerson

Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
In the same vain of being unable to cope with the everyday stresses that have always been part of this world our employer knows offers an option to the newly hired. It's referred to as the "Stress Card".
If you find you are having difficulty performing your job physically or emotionally you can hand this card to your boss. For a few minutes the newly hired can try and recover and return to duty. It's really not an especially difficult ot stressfull environment. What ever happened to 'Do your Job"! Confused

This is classic ignorance. A very close family member has what is known as a “G6PD Deficiency” the individual has to be very careful on medicines, illness and foods. And all of the drama associated with people with bigoted opinions because of it. Sorry you never heard of it, need a cry closet now?
And get this, being exposed to drama “emotionally or physically” can start a cascade event where the blood dies and the body follows.
No excuses for ignorance in the 21st century!
Read an article the other day about how Canada is spearheading awareness since it’s a silent killer when the average dr in the West doesn’t know how it works.

https://enzymedeficiency.weebly.com/

kingkarmann wrote:
I"m goinna try to get this in before we get locked.
Part of being a good citizen is respecting the folks around you. There are legitimate reasons a person may need to have their animal travel an airline. But don't assume just because you think your animal is cute our cool certainly does not mean I will think the same. I can accept it but don't have to agree or like it.The truth is as I get older most everything is an annoyannce Rolling Eyes

Then post your rants in the getting older thread, pretty sure there is one. You should have learned by now kicking the weak and infirm isn’t part of a civil society.
Signed, Merciless Indian Savage.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Sorry if I come across as uniformed, intolerant or uncaring. I'm none of those things. Life and living it can be complicated. Good luck to you and your family.

Mike Gerson

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
She also has a Handicapped Parking Permit, and I spent $160 in tips for Handicapped Service Assistance flying to, and back from Denver.
In order to Fly your pet, even a service dog, you have to get a health certificate from your vet, that was another $75.
So at least Flying with my pet you’re not likely to get •Ringworm •Salmonellosis •Leptospirosis •Lyme disease •Campylobacter infection
•Giardia infection •Cryptosporidium infection •Roundworms •Hookworms •Scabies •Harvest mites •Rabies because your vet has just checked out your animal.
Even if she hadn’t registered our Yorke’s as Service Dogs, I could have still flown them in the cabin to and from Denver for $95 each.

I never knew that it could be served in a bowl. Shocked
19super73
Hardcore Stock Nazi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
ach60 wrote:

The real question is, can it be put in a take away container and enjoyed at home, in a park, etc? I suppose the transport time would reduce it from a hot bowl of fuck to a lukewarm bowl of fuck, and then do you really want it?
1973 Super Beetle
1973 Westfalia [url=https://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-31892.png]Click to view image[/URL]
1974 412 Variant
1975 La Grande Bug
1984 Vanagon
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

19super73 wrote:
iowegian wrote:
ach60 wrote:

The real question is, can it be put in a take away container and enjoyed at home, in a park, etc? I suppose the transport time would reduce it from a hot bowl of fuck to a lukewarm bowl of fuck, and then do you really want it?

Apparently available in California.

But this response answers a lot of questions for me anyway, when confronted with facts that we don't like or agree with lets just go with insults and profanity.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

pondoras box wrote:

But this response answers a lot of questions for me anyway, when confronted with facts that we don't like or agree with lets just go with insults and profanity.

Watch the news lately? Confused Sadly today many people don't know how to deal with or can't handle a different opinion. BTW, you could add riot to your list as well.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:

But it must be 3 ounces of fuck, or less, if you want to take it on board.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the 99% who claim an ESA for selfish and fake reasons ruin it for the 1% that are legit.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:

Typical douche bag Bay Area CA mindset. This is literally their response to everything when someone disagrees with them.

Don’t like the unconstitutional gun laws they passed?
Don’t like them holding up traffic on their Huffy’s?
Don’t like being a sanctuary state for rapists?
Don’t like the unneeded high speed rail?

Too bad. “Eat a bowl of fuck”

Rolling Eyes
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Unfortunately, the 99% who claim an ESA for selfish and fake reasons ruin it for the 1% that are legit.

This is probably the most accurate statement of this whole entire thread. Well said.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:

That could be said about many things.
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ESA your thoughts Reply with quote

I think this has been a really constructive argument. I hope everyone has payed attention so that, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with ESA we are all a bit more informed about how they can be important and conversely how annoying they can be in public. I'm sure all of us are now a little more able to understand what the other half is thinking (and hopefully we can respond to it responsibly and civilly).

Sounds to me like there needs to be a tightening of the regs to halt the abuse. Then real ESA animals and their owners will be tolerated (with compassion).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: