Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Geneology/Family Tree buffs?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we thought we had a pile in a nut house in cali but it turned out to be a big bording house while cali was being built by my relatives on moms side, dads side had daniel&noah webster.and 1 that got lynched for dipping his wick in somebody elses candle snuffer.(but the family story was different for a very long time till a 90+year old eye witness opend thier mouth a few years ago and let the "cat"out of the bag.
HankScorpio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some genealogy in germany my dad got me some swag with our name on it from the vw dealer in the town our family originated in.
clay ford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my moms whole side goes back to the pilgrims and the revolutionary war
there is also some shared lineage with george washington
an ancestor on my fathers side died in the civil war
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this post I got on FamilySearch.org and in half an hour found the names, bithdates and places of some of my great-great-great grandparents - pretty cool! Seems they all stayed close to home - Brunswick County, VA, and that there may have been a little inbreeding going on there! Oh well, it WAS the early 19th century after all Wink

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ho-dad wrote:
After reading this post I got on FamilySearch.org and in half an hour found the names, bithdates and places of some of my great-great-great grandparents - pretty cool! Seems they all stayed close to home - Brunswick County, VA, and that there may have been a little inbreeding going on there! Oh well, it WAS the early 19th century after all Wink
hmm brunswick county....that sounds familuar.I lived up there somewhere as a kid, went back about 10 yearss ago wow what a change.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

Nope, no one saw this coming.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Te...s-55944830

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

Pay money to simultaneously fund dna research, undermine 150 years of evolutionary thought and possibly get convicted in this middle of that debacle sounds like fuunn!
Three stooges are running the asylum fo sho.

This is a complicated field of new thought with a bunch of curmudgeons trying to maintain the status quo.

Ireland funded research into its own citizens since so many come up as Native American.
With many countries outlawing (France ) dna testing or the results ( Some American Indian Tribes) for public dissemination outright.

DNA tests for genealogy are done on a mass scale read imperfectly by digital programs. Outliers be dammned. Crime And court DNA is read a processed by hand.

Just us buses wrote:
According to Guy Murchie, no human being can be less closely related to any other than about 50th cousin. Most of us are much closer, no matter what color our neighbors. Simple arithmetic shows that, if we double the number of our ancestors for each generation, (2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, etc.) our personal pedigree would cover mankind before 30 generations. The 30th power of 2 (1,073,741,824) is much larger than Earth's population 30 generations ago (13th century, assuming 25 yrs./generation.) He further states that in a very few generations, the same ancestors begin to appear on both your father's and mother's side of your family tree, spouses being distant cousins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_collapse

————-
According to the American National Archives 70% of All Americans today have 75% American Indian Blood.

And if you really want to blow your mind, read about oculocutaneous albinism in “amerindian” populations, do some math and consider just who in the heck you are?

Last edited by Spezialist on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

My Dad is 88 and has been on this for a awhile, he knew his parents both came from Russia in the teens. I knew my Grandmother but all I knew about my Grandfather was that he died of TB in the 30's.
My Dad went to Wasington state to where is parents had a chicken farm and found his Fathers dead certificate which stated that his Father actually Commited Suicide in a Hospital he was in. Type of death(strangulation) cause of death (hanging).
Life is not always pretty. My dad is Pissed that his Mother never told him the truth.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

It all depends on what you are seeking. I did the 23andme and ancestry.com and the reports were very different. I did however connect with my grandmothers sisters great granddaughter. Yep she contacted me and we exchanged family pics and the tree was pretty much done. I can go back to mid 1700s Northern Europe. Other side still working on the data bases are incredible and much easier now than in past. Genetic abnormalities can be discovered as well but do you want to know?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

If you are looking for pure-bloods, good luck w/ that.

Maybe deep in WEst VA or GA. Laughing

Im only kidding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Just us buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

According to Guy Murchie, no human being can be less closely related to any other than about 50th cousin. Most of us are much closer, no matter what color our neighbors. Simple arithmetic shows that, if we double the number of our ancestors for each generation, (2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, etc.) our personal pedigree would cover mankind before 30 generations. The 30th power of 2 (1,073,741,824) is much larger than Earth's population 30 generations ago (13th century, assuming 25 yrs./generation.) He further states that in a very few generations, the same ancestors begin to appear on both your father's and mother's side of your family tree, spouses being distant cousins.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

And well, if one wants to be biblical about it...
Morganwerk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

There were always family stories that we had a relative that fought in the Revolution, my brother finally tracked down who exactly it was and was just accepted into the Sons of the American Revolution.

The story that someone married a Native American has been debunked.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Geneology/Family Tree buffs? Reply with quote

Happy 242nd Anniversary to my fourth great grand father Joseph Fish and my fourth great grand mother Abigail Lathrop married this day July 4th, 1776, Bozrah, Connecticut.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: