Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Smart car seats
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
911GT2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Smart car seats Reply with quote

On my build I opted for smart car seats, I know some guys have done this as well.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I thought I had it right with this setup. But is seems the seats are to far forward to be usable.
Problem is though I can really move them further back because of the chassis that widenens in the back. Higher isn't realy an option too.

How did you guys tackle this one? Rolling Eyes
unclebill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

I used Smart car seats in a build I'm doing right now. I modified the existing seat sliders so they'd bolt to my existing (71 and older) style tracks on my new pans

B
[/img]

johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

Were either of you lucky enough to find Heated SMART seats? If so; how did you wire them in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911GT2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

johnnyniceguy wrote:
Were either of you lucky enough to find Heated SMART seats? If so; how did you wire them in?

Yes they are heated.
Just with a simple universal relay. It's not rocket science. Cool
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

Awsome I have been threatening to pull the heated seats out of my wifes Smart car. I have never expierienced such heat. We are in Minnesota.. Great seats but crummy ride. But she loves it like I love my buggy. What were your seats worth for the pair?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911GT2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

johnnyniceguy wrote:
Awsome I have been threatening to pull the heated seats out of my wifes Smart car. I have never expierienced such heat. We are in Minnesota.. Great seats but crummy ride. But she loves it like I love my buggy. What were your seats worth for the pair?

I loved the smart seats. That's why I bought them. I once drove 1000km from the netherlands to the france alpes in them. The seats are the best feature of the car.

I bought mine from ebay for about 250 pounds. I found some the other day for half that.
Found them. Here you go.
unclebill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

I bought mine from a junkyard...ooopps sorry, an "auto recycler" for $70.00 each. They tore a seat bottom cover on one seat, so just charged me for one, and gave me the torn one. Found a good seat bottom on ebay for $40.00 shipped, and replaced the torn one with that. Quality of the leather is just as nice as my wifes Volvo!

B
thefladge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

Any updates since the last post? Any pictures of the seats in a finished vehicle?
thefladge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart car seats Reply with quote

thefladge wrote:
Any updates since the last post? Any pictures of the seats in a finished vehicle?

No? Okay. I'll just go ahead and install a pair in my Baja Bug.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: