Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
RockStock wrote:
Name the colour

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

John Moxon wrote:
calexican wrote:
I don’t know... that nose badge says it is before dolphin blue year...

Certainly blue and as John says the badge would suggest Trout Blue. Smile

Yes, 99% likely Trout Blue

Nose badge tells us it's a 56/57 Ghia
3 solid colours available in 56/57 - Toucan Black, Trout Blue, Gazelle Beige
Black would be darker, Beige would be lighter (wheel is a good indicator here)

I'd also like to guess the bus in the background is Dove Blue. I'm 98% sure. Wink
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Looks like a ghost beetle to the far right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

My 56th lowlight front of an bicycle Shop for vintage bikes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Very nice in black and white.
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Saw this late type 3 when i was driving arround

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Lowlights forvever. I Love it so much...

udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

yesterday i drove a little bit with my 56th ghia

aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Super sexy Lowlight Cab at Prado (top pictures too)

VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
Super sexy Lowlight Cab at Prado (top pictures too)

That thing surfaced on Instagram recently! I hope he takes it to the Classic on July 1 so I can check it out!

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Last edited by PeteSC on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

very very nice lowlight
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
very very nice lowlight

Thanks!
ghialuv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

...met the Ghia prototype from 1953 out on the streets Cool
It was a great day for me and my cognac lowlight at the Karmannfreunde Bayern Club - 10 years anniversary in Wuerzburg / Germany this weekend.

udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

ghialuv wrote:
It was a great day for me and my cognac lowlight at the Karmannfreunde Bayern Club - 10 years anniversary in Wuerzburg / Germany this weekend.

i'm sorry that i dont meet you at Würzburg Meeting. Fantastic meeting
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

ghialuv wrote:

How COOL is that! Cool
It's rather amazing - and pretty damn Awesome! - that the Karmann factory museum allowed the Karmann Ghia prototype to come to the event.

ghialuv - While your Ghia may not be the 1953 Karmann Ghia prototype, it doesn't get a whole lot better than a factory sunroof (?) lowlight in Cognac.
I'm indeed jealous of your stunning Karmann Ghia!

Having never seen the Karmann Ghia prototype in person, I've often wondered just exactly how those side windows seal against the rear quarter windows when there is no metal B pillar.

I suppose it was just done the way it was to make the prototype appear just a little bit sleaker and sexier.

If I could change one thing about the production Karmann Ghia design, perhaps it would be to make the rear quarter windows with attached B pillar roll down and completely disappear (a la the VW Beetle Cabriolet) to make the fixed roof Ghia a hardtop convertible rather than a coupe.
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Quote:

It's rather amazing - and pretty damn Awesome! - that the Karmann factory museum allowed the Karmann Ghia prototype to come to the event.

Holycow. Volkswagen Classic was there with 5 vintage cars . The type 14 Prototype, typ34 convertible Prototype, Karmann Ghia TC, SP2 and the type 34 Fastback Prototype. Volkswagen have more than 100 vintage cars to go to Meetings, Rallye or other Shows.

Click this URL to see pictures. Scroll down to Würzburg Meeting.

https://karmannfans.wordpress.com
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
Quote:

Holycow. Volkswagen Classic was there with 5 vintage cars . The type 14 Prototype, typ34 convertible Prototype, Karmann Ghia TC, SP2 and the type 34 Fastback Prototype. Volkswagen have more than 100 vintage cars to go to Meetings, Rallye or other Shows.

Click this URL to see pictures. Scroll down to Würzburg Meeting.

https://karmannfans.wordpress.com

VERY interesting, indeed!

Thank you for the information, and for the link - that looks like a very active group of Karmann Ghia owners and enthusiasts.

Over 100 Karmann Ghias gathered together all in one place - I can only imagine, as even "VW Only" car shows around here are lucky to attract perhaps as many as 10 Karmann Ghias.
... not to mention all the other beautiful vintage VWs such as the SP2s and the 5 different prototypes!

As a side note, how cool is this Karmann Ghia themed furniture that I found pictured in the KarmannFans blog you linked to...

udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlights - You Can't Beat 'Em! Reply with quote

Notice: in 2005, the 50th birthday about the Karmann Ghia in Germany, Georgsmarienhütte was 520 ghias at one place.

Enjoy more Pics here https://photos.app.goo.gl/J9vTusXEjYCJmMZE8
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Jump to:
Page 61 of 64

Jump to: