Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hot-Spark - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Hot-Spark
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
AAVeeDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot-Spark - [email protected] Reply with quote

I think we've covered that this is a crap dizzy, why do people keep buying them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot-Spark - [email protected] Reply with quote

AAVeeDub wrote:
I think we've covered that this is a crap dizzy, why do people keep buying them?

Because its CHEAP.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
birdmansuperbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot-Spark - [email protected] Reply with quote

Lesson learned Crying or Very sad
2shaggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hot-Spark - [email protected] Reply with quote

Installed one of these things on my dune buggy and it ran great,for a while,noticed speratic engine behavior after about 1000 miles,I'm keeping a eye on the mileage because the engine is in the break in period,went to start the car in the morning after a night of blasting the streets and nata,can't start it,checked all wiring,checked ballast resistor it's ok,running the Bosch blue as recommended ok,charging voltage is ok,never had a reson to leave the ignition on and know not to do this regardless of what kind of ignition that is used,allways disconnected power from coil when testing electrical sutch as lights,also probably unrelated problem is distributor shaft side play can be moved from side to side a good 1/16 of a inch,may explain the misfire when winding out, anybody experienced this?
xcar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot-Spark - [email protected] Reply with quote

To preclude any possibilty of related problems with old equipment I bought the whole kit: plugs, wires, coil, ballast resistor, and distributor and was installed exactly as per with the ign key never being left on at all with engine off and polarity triple checked. From the very beginning my '69 beetle would run well for about 4-10 mi - depending on ambient temps- then it would start jerking with increasing severity to the point of engine shut down, the distributor being extremely hot. A query to HotSpark was returned with the 'troubleshooting' blurb on the website which was less than helpful as I already explained that everything in his reply email had already been done. Further emails got the same answer and then finally no more comms. Maybe I should have been clued in to the fact there is no customer tech support #, an oddity if the product is as good as advertised. Update: I reinstalled my old distributor system. Car runs beautifully once more. Good example of the KISS principle?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: