Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

OMG Finally
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG Finally Reply with quote

ditto on the used kitchen cabnets. thats whats in mine along with many other work benches with shelvs&drawers under them, along with...yup theirs more, that wire shelving you can get at lowes,homers depoat and such all around the entire top of each room&the main car area of my shop.(blasting, porting room,engine room,bathroom, kitchen, main area.) just be sure to mesure and put it where it's usable, not too high not too low. dont waste space. also insulation is cheep. as is dry wall.. I have hard board over the drywall bottom 4' so nutten gets punched through the drywall. .kitchen isant expensive either..and if possiable a bathroom!!! mine is abolut 5x5 and has the water heater for the shop in there(small one, up above), and lotsa storage for parts in the bathroom. I realize yours isant all that big but afeww comfart items dosent take up much space when done right.and may keep some tracks out of the house along with some stinkeys.(gearlube is just one) and if you put up a wall use the 2x4 studs side ways saves space, works great.bifold doors save space. a exhaust fan is also nice to have in all shops especialy when it's closed up and something gets opened up that stink's and you dont want to loose heat or ac or it's a monsoon ( we get a lot of those) so get to work!!! update any wireing befor doing much of any thing.( welder, compressior, milling machines, lathes tube bender....&such) hidden speaker wired for the surround sound is a must too.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG Finally Reply with quote

Nice garage!

I agree on the insulation! I insulated most of my garage as I've had things apart. I use a propane forced air heater to warm it up in the winter, and it's nice to not have all that warm air go out right away!

For the ceiling in mine, I bought some 2 inch thick styrofoam 4x8 insulation panels that have a reflective layer on the underside of the rafters. I put the reflective layer facing toward the garage figuring that it would reflect warmth back to me. Worked very well in both reducing the area that needed heated, and keeping the heat in.

I also built shelves all along one wall with some 2x4s and cheap plywood. In retrospect, 2x2s would probably have been sufficient-that is what I did in my shed.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: