Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

function of the white plastic cap (with a horse picture on i
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbeetle74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

That's a very nice original car. Very Happy Cool
I have a similar briljant orange Westfalia bus that was manufactured in July 1975, same Westfalia type. It was imported in the US, California.
Watching all the details on your pictures, I come to the conclusion that my car still has many of these original details, furniture, stickers and so on.
Only it was resprayed, new upholstery & curtains but equal to the originals, new fridge, new cooker, rebuild 2ltr FI engine. The original 1.8 FI engine was end of life. I will try to upload some pictures of my bus later.

Question:
What is the function of the white plastic cap (with a horse picture on it) above the city water connection outside, on the drivers side?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

greenbeetle74 wrote:
Question:
What is the function of the white plastic cap (with a horse picture on it) above the city water connection outside, on the drivers side?

It's a drain system vent for when the bus is connected to an RV park's sewer system via a hose, part of the UL/CSA requirements for a North American delivered camper.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
greenbeetle74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
greenbeetle74 wrote:
Question:

It's a drain system vent for when the bus is connected to an RV park's sewer system via a hose, part of the UL/CSA requirements for a North American delivered camper.

Ok, clear. Thanks. VW Logo
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
greenbeetle74 wrote:
Question:

I didn't know it had anything to do with being hooked up to water. I thought it was to allow for better sink drainage. My '77 has it but there is no city water hookup.
btw - if anyone has one of these mine is broken and I'd like to replace it;)
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
busdaddy wrote:
greenbeetle74 wrote:
Question:

I didn't know it had anything to do with being hooked up to water. I thought it was to allow for better sink drainage. My '77 has it but there is no city water hookup.

It has nothing to do with the water connection, it's to prevent sewer gas from entering the living space when the drain under the bus is connected to a park drain system.

The vent covers with the horse come up in the classifieds now and then, any local RV store will have one that looks exactly the same but lacking the horse logo if you have nothing at all there now.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Brilliant Orange Time Capsule: A 39K mi bus and its OG/NLA parts Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
busdaddy wrote:
greenbeetle74 wrote:
Question:

btw - if anyone has one of these mine is broken and I'd like to replace it;)

I have one. pm me
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: