Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

dc wrote:
Not a hater here-- I like customs Twisted Evil
I understand wanting the original one--- but it's not like it's a landmark "kustom" like the Hirohata Merc--
Build a Clone Exclamation Make it exact (or even improve it)

So you give up a crafted car lets say a (kid) in a moment to further your family. So screw it adopt another only to give up on a car (kid) that was a father son's project. It's the memories now that my kids have grown and gone. Thanks for yall's input that I didn't ask for the "Thread" was started to find something I lost not to be judged on what you think you would do.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

1oldkid1 wrote:
Thanks for yall's input that I didn't ask for the "Thread" was started to find something I lost not to be judged on what you think you would do.

"Doing what you have to do" with difficult circumstances is called 'being an adult' and people do it all the time and move on with their lives. You're hanging on to regret and chiding people who are offering an opinion that equates to 'move on with your life and build something better' but you don't want to hear that because you've got regret in a headlock and won't let go out of personal principal that applies to/makes sense to no one but you.

When you put something in an open forum on the internet - you're going to get opinions - whether you want them or not. Don't want opinions? Don't post on an open forum. Simple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sambaphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

We have all been pranked on this one.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671945&highlight=

Single Port Samba Phil
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

1oldkid1 wrote:
Mike Fisher wrote:
piledriver wrote:
I'm pretty sure $125 to a private investigator will allow him to buy the box of donuts needed to get the guys mailing address for last registration from LE.

You have a VIN, a plate#, and a locale.
Not many listers here from Florida I guess, so the rest is up you YOU.

So, cough up $200 for a private investigator.

No faith in Magnum PI or anyone for that matter. Easy to say when your on the other end eh? To many flakes out there. Done

I gave up, when he was too lazy to make more Florida etc VW Club inquires & too cheap to pay $200 for a private investigator! Boo hoo!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

You guy's are dream killa's. .... Just mean talk sittin' in your basements judging me. . Mean I tell ya. ..
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

This one is sorta' close. Maybe build another one? Smile

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1971/volkswagen/squareback/100825045

Too bad, I saw it somewhere on Craig's List for $2500 yesterday. Rolling Eyes

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
lowmitsu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

That car was on craigslist in Columbia SC a few years back. I didn't call about it or anything but I do remember the ad.
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

New Years Bump
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Easter bump
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Memorial Day bump. . . Search continues
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Labor Day Bump .. .
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Happy New Year Sinthia where ever you may be. . . . Never forgotten if spotted please PM location and a contact. Thanks Samba community
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
1oldkid1 wrote:
Thanks for yall's input that I didn't ask for the "Thread" was started to find something I lost not to be judged on what you think you would do.

"Doing what you have to do" with difficult circumstances is called 'being an adult' and people do it all the time and move on with their lives. You're hanging on to regret and chiding people who are offering an opinion that equates to 'move on with your life and build something better' but you don't want to hear that because you've got regret in a headlock and won't let go out of personal principal that applies to/makes sense to no one but you.

I think this one is the 1 that hit home most. A friend of mine is looking for a car from his youth as well. However in his case he's not beyond looking for another one to build from. His biggest problem is the NLA of a nice solid base to build from, as most of those cars either rusted away, or have been crushed.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

This is why I never sold my first car. I didn't want to be one of those people who looked back and said, "I wish I had never....." I bought it when I was 16. I've made some sacrifices and spent some money to keep it around. It's not in the best of shape but I still have it. I just recently turned 60. I'll have had it 44 years this April.

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Sinthia was collaboration with me an un named NASCAR fabricator so it has more meaning than starting with another pile of S!@$. . . thx
voeltzwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Your Samba post is now linked in the comments section of the YouTube video Tram posted in the first page of this thread almost two years ago now.

Good luck.
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Thx
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Spring cruise ins almost here. If anyone see's this T3 please let me know if the owner wants to contact me. thanks. . .
1oldkid1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

Still no sightings?
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Love Have You Seen This Car?Help Me Bring Her Home PLEASE Reply with quote

NO!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: