Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1964 splitty windows/glass
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1964Cooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

Hi all where is the best place to buy glass for the whole bus.. front,back and sides.. it is an 1964 11 window.. some of the sides are pop outs and others are not, not sure if that makes a difference.. i had all original VW windows in it but got broken out... also if i get replacement windows, should i charge an extra fee for the original VW glass getting broken.. its an insurance claim..
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

The classifieds...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1627707
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

I like that- "should I charge an extra fee?" You need to compare a glass shop's prices to the $5-10 each VW pane costs in the classifieds. I'd bid the VW glass, shipped and installed.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
1964Cooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
The classifieds...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1627707

thank you...will give them a call!
1964Cooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I like that- "should I charge an extra fee?" You need to compare a glass shop's prices to the $5-10 each VW pane costs in the classifieds. I'd bid the VW glass, shipped and installed.

its a claim to get new windows back in the bus... just wondering if i loose any value by loosing the original windows and replacing them with reproduction windows...just lost on finding windows and money cost...thank you!!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

1964Cooper wrote:
hitest wrote:

its a claim to get new windows back in the bus... just wondering if i loose any value by loosing the original windows and replacing them with reproduction windows...just lost on finding windows and money cost...thank you!!

You would lose value but the glass you are looking for isn't hard to find.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1964Cooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
1964Cooper wrote:
hitest wrote:

do you mean replacing with original or replacement glass... so far i have only been able to find replacement from the link above
thank you for the response!!
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

if its some sort of crazy survivor, then using the incorrect logod glass or glass with no logo will effect value to some degree.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168467

What I'd be more concerned about is the angry girlfriend who broke out every single one of your windows.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1964 splitty windows/glass Reply with quote

Replacing with new would lower the value unless you are buying nice new glass with logos.

1964Cooper wrote:
crofty wrote:
1964Cooper wrote:
hitest wrote:

do you mean replacing with original or replacement glass... so far i have only been able to find replacement from the link above
thank you for the response!!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: