Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

The best and longest running motor I ever bought was out of a bug that drove into a brick wall. I'd like to know what hit this bus?

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
KentPS wrote:
Here is a new one....
"Ran when rammed"...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2192910

I am curious what the parts might be worth. There is an identical bus to that one about a block from me that could use the drivetrain and other bits.

IF they could make it run and yard drive it would add value, or if they could provide engine details (last rebuild, by who, etc) that isn't a bad deal really. a bit on the high side...I would pay 2,500-3K for it.

typically when I do Subaru swaps and the client doesn't want the engine etc I help them sell the engine/trans with all of the goodies for 2-3k depending on overall condition....and when I post it, it's typically sold in a day or 2

I was thinking $2K for the engine/trans if you could hear it run and do a compression test. Not sure what the rest of the stuff would bring, but that bus looks pretty dry.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-camper-van-westfalia-71/6644994976.html

$6500 for that ?? Rolling Eyes Shocked

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-camper-van-westfalia-71/6644994976.html

$6500 for that ?? Rolling Eyes Shocked

Looks like one I sold for $500 years back.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busboy25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/volkswagen-bus/6643589938.html

Great example of "I know nothing but it's worth a lot"
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

busboy25 wrote:
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/volkswagen-bus/6643589938.html

Great example of "I know nothing but it's worth a lot"

At least he knows it's an uber rare 1960 bay window. Dancing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

if it is dry/rust free, and the motor was rebuilt years ago by someone vw skilled before he retired, it may be close to being worth it.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

$2500 for this POS??
"Complete" interior?? Does that include the nonexistent seat cushions and the completely rusted out floor?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/245523749393667

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

sb001, looks like a relatively good deal to me... Looks pretty solid, I don't see a completely rusted out floor
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
$2500 for this POS??
"Complete" interior?? Does that include the nonexistent seat cushions and the completely rusted out floor?

The parts it comes with could easily be sold for that much at a swap meet assuming the cases are good. That’s a decent deal! Smile Type 4 engines are a different world, and the ‘73 is one of the best model years for buses.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Does this come attached to a Yellow pail and some parcel trays?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2131604

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
sb001 wrote:
$2500 for this POS??

The parts it comes with could easily be sold for that much at a swap meet assuming the cases are good. That’s a decent deal! Smile Type 4 engines are a different world, and the ‘73 is one of the best model years for buses.

Robbie

Agreed, definitely a fine deal. Not properly described, but worth the 2500 for sure.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

A custom camper for that much... no way. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2197636
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2151469

check his feedback. he is such an epic asshole. I soooo want to reply to his ad, but I would rather use the cable for a leash than sell it to him

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Laughing

check his feedback. he is such an epic asshole. I soooo want to reply to his ad, but I would rather use the cable for a leash than sell it to him

I think you owe it to the downtrodden, good folks of the Samba that have endured this guy's flagrant display of social assholisim and moral dickishness.

:snipersmile: Crying or Very sad

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Laughing

Share some Skills love with him. Take some good, clear pictures of your cable. Let him know you want a grand for it. Laughing

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Laughing

I think I dealt with that place back in the late 90's on some water-cooled VW parts and tools. Went smooth back then, but as I understand it, ownership/management changed and things went downhill.

His feedback thread is short and very informative.
wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Can we not kick him off the Samba?

WW

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Laughing

Share some Skills love with him. Take some good, clear pictures of your cable. Let him know you want a grand for it. Laughing

that is exactly what I was thinking...then jerk him around, have him call me, tell him he is wasting my time and I "know what I have and how much it's worth" Laughing

or "sell" it to him, send him a bag of shredded cable and let him fight paypal Very Happy but I have a clean paypal record and would like to keep it that way

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
A custom camper for that much... no way. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2197636

It's a different world on the other side of the pond. I was at the VolksWorld show and saw this and several other restomod campers built by a few companies over there. All were just fantastic, and they sell them for those prices.Pick up a copy of VolksWorld magazine and look in the back for the prices of the campers they have available.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 424 of 490

Jump to: