Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scirocco model years
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Scirocco model years Reply with quote

Hey, I just picked up one of these. Had it shipped from NC (was in the samaba ads). 345k + miles, rebuilt motor 5k ago and in TERRIFIC shape! Has been repainted once and it seems like it was a very good paint job.

Zero rust as well. Unbelievable.

Even had the older front wings installed on it (I like that look better than the wraparound lights).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here she is the day it was delivered to the original owner:

I plan on getting the sticker kit for it too to make it like it was when delivered. Front damn too. White letter tires maybe.. I drive my collectors so little I'll probably need tires from decay before wear.. lol

It came with so much history it's crazy. And loads of parts..

I had an 81 Rabbit Diesel in HS/College and loved it.... always wanted the scirocco. Now I have one.. and I paid a lot less than the one on BAT/Ebay. Smile
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Scirocco model years Reply with quote

Nice score!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Scirocco model years Reply with quote

I had an 80 scirocco with a 1.7 I rebuilt before leaving Anchorage Ak. going to Tucson pulling a trailer full of vw parts I found there. I later moved to Minnesota and got an 84 gti .The gti had a bit lower gears and a way lower fifth gear. The gti would stomp the scirocco on take off because of the superoriority of the 1.8l as opposed to the 1.7l. The taller gear on the ff code trans would make the 1.7 scirocco faster on top end ,Im sure the low drag coefficient of the rocco body helped the top end also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
capedave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Scirocco model years Reply with quote

One of my favorite cars that I did not treat nicely.
1977 Scirocco Champagne edition with Recaro seats, rear louvers' on the hatch. Fuel injected 1.? thing drove like it was on rails.
sgnimj96
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Scirocco model years Reply with quote

The mk1 scirocco was the car that everyone loved - and destroyed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU4SQ_JoK6w
Someone should make a kit car just like it and get rich.

I get so many comments, complements, stories, and buy offers on my ragged-but-fixed 81' S1. I really wish there were more of them.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: