Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sorry I've been gone
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

I know that I haven't checked in in quite awhile.

My work is seasonal as in May June July and August seasonal.
We only make money during June July and August and this has to sustain us for 12 months, so work becomes all important!

Sadly, my Wife is in education, our schedules clash horribly! We make it work with an intense vacation in late August/ early September.........

Once the season begins and the children arrive, The crazies slow in July to a manageable level........

This year however will be different, instead of a trip to Montana to visit my eldest daughter and five grandchildren with a bonus trip to Oregon to visit Brothers, I get to spend September getting cataract surgery......... oh fun fun fun.............. NOT!!!!!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

Welcome back bet this place looks the same Very Happy
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

cataract surgery is nothing to fret about. I had the lens of my left eye replaced in middle of June, and I had the right eye lens replaced this past Thursday. Its like someone turned the lights on, and the colors !!!!! It's fantastic!

The eye shield and the different eye drops 4 or 5 times a day are a small price ...
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

I admit, I'm freaked out by this procedure.

I clearly remember visiting a WWII army buddy if my Dads in Esty Park Colorado in 1966.
His son was involved in eyecare and excitedly told us about this new thing called contact lenses.

I vowed upon hearing his description in 1966 to NEVER own a pair of contacts, the very concept of stickingbthings in my eyes sent chills down my spine and gave me the "willies"!

Here I am, 52 years later looking at having my natural lenses pulverized and permanent "contacts" implanted into my eyes.

To say that I am freaked out is an understatement!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

Not to worry, my wife had one eye done in 96 and then the other in 97(before me)
She says piece of cake. So think of the advance in the process in the past 20+ years. Still a big deal to you but try not to get to freaked out about it.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
I admit, I'm freaked out by this procedure.

I clearly remember visiting a WWII army buddy if my Dads in Esty Park Colorado in 1966.
His son was involved in eyecare and excitedly told us about this new thing called contact lenses.

I vowed upon hearing his description in 1966 to NEVER own a pair of contacts, the very concept of stickingbthings in my eyes sent chills down my spine and gave me the "willies"!

Here I am, 52 years later looking at having my natural lenses pulverized and permanent "contacts" implanted into my eyes.

To say that I am freaked out is an understatement!

Dave

There is a lot of medical advancements in 52 years .......

I guess it depends on how good your doctor is, but I was slightly sedated and I didn't feel a thing.

Oh did I mention my night vision ? Its almost like daytime.....
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I've been gone Reply with quote

FWIW, my mother had cataract surgery on both eyes (one eye at a time in two seperate surgeries) many years ago and the only complaint she mentioned was the feeling of the doctor tugging in the process of removing the damaged natural lens.

... now the shots that she has more recently recieved directly in her eyeball to slow the progression of the macular degeneration she developed a decade or more after the cataract surgery is a whole different story altogether.
She absolutely HATED going for those checkups where they would determine whether or not another shot in the eye was needed!

The "Good News" is that the Bausch & Laumb PreserVision AREDS 2 vitamins that she was prescribed as part of the macular degeneration treatment have now halted the disease's progression and she hasn't needed another shot in the eye for over two years now.

Hopefully some part of my ramblings here have made you feel better and somewhat less apprehensive about your upcoming cataract surgery.
I mean, Hey - at least it's not like you're getting a shot in your eyeball, right? Smile

Best of Luck to you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: