Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KGPR/Airhead parts website outage
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Looking forward to the new website. A bit worried that a robot quoting on shipping won't always know the best option.

BTW how it is legal to be on the US roads without a registration plate?

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by sputnick60 on Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

We've made it as simple for the robot as possible, and every order comes off the printer and into a human's hand, so if anything looks funky, we'll get in touch.

For international orders, we're going to charge our actual (discounted) rate + $5, and we've added DHL as an option, which I think will be the least expensive to most places.

___

The license plate thing here is kinda of a "depends" situation. I imagine he's got all his paperwork in the glove box, in which case, if he were stopped, he'd probably get a verbal warning, maybe a written one. If it's a written warning, it's a "fix it ticket," which means he'll have to remedy the situation (you can get one for lots of things), then have an official sign off on it. Possibly there could also be a fine, and all these rules are a little different state to state.

If he didn't have paperwork in the glove box, it could get towed. If the registration was past 30 days expired (or nonexistent), it certainly would, and things get progressively uglier from there... at least in CA.

It's not advisable for sure, and pretty rare to see a rear plate missing from any car of any vintage. Front plates, though required, are a different story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Let us know if you need any beta testers. I've missed you guys being online.
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Beta testers? Yes please. Can't wait till the site is back up.
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
I've noticed that www.vintagecarparts.de is also offline. I think they're taking a holiday, but since Rudi is very much a one-man operation, and a very reliable one at that, that is to be forgiven.

As we know Airhead is back up.

But what happened to VintageCarParts.de? It's been down/temporarily closed for 5+ months
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Try: https://www.vintagecarparts.de/?zugang=huber

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Not seeing where kgp&r' site is back up, tried it. Can't fathom how they could be down so long and except the loss of revenue as a viable business in a niche market. Been shopping cip1 in the meantime, mostly the same crap
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Onceler wrote:
Not seeing where kgp&r' site is back up, tried it. Can't fathom how they could be down so long and except the loss of revenue as a viable business in a niche market. Been shopping cip1 in the meantime, mostly the same crap

Works for me from the banner ad below vvvv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Onceler wrote:
Not seeing where kgp&r' site is back up, tried it.

I tried the KGPR site as well and I think it is no more because they have combined it into the Airhead site. I had a look at a few items on the new Airhead site and they still seem to be missing pictures.
paul_round
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Also there's no link, (that I can find) for downloading their catalogue.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

paul_round wrote:
Also there's no link, (that I can find) for downloading their catalogue.

KGPR catalog still available here: http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/KGPR-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf

This is a partial screenshot of the new AirheadParts/KGPR website...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It makes sense to have both AirheardParts & KGPR on the same website...same company, many shared parts.
paul_round
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Thanks for the link John.
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

NoDents wrote:
Try: https://www.vintagecarparts.de/?zugang=huber

Thanks Sir!

Don't know how this url works... typing in www.vintagecarparts.de gets me a "temporarily no longer up" page and other times it works. Maybe it's the browser... weird.

Anyway, this is a great site for hard to get/NOS Ghia parts
Figment
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

www.karmannghia.com jumps to the airhead site, yes, but it's completely functional. I ordered parts last week.

If you need something for which there is no photo, but you're a visual-guy (like me), the pdf of the old catalog that John posted above is very helpful. The part numbers haven't changed.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Onceler wrote:

Works for me from the banner ad below vvvv

Thanks!
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Ordered a oatmeal carpet kit and seat covers just now for my 72 coupe, kgp&r only offers black, the new website is so clunky to search from my iPad, went with another supplier.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Onceler wrote:
Ordered a oatmeal carpet kit and seat covers just now for my 72 coupe, kgp&r only offers black, the new website is so clunky to search from my iPad, went with another supplier.

Give KGPR feedback on difficulties, always needed with a new website. I'm a big advocate of "use it or lose it."
VWKC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

The main issue I'm having with the new website is there is no way to search only for parts that fit my model year as on the old website. You can select your model and browse compatible parts, but if you use the search it doesn't appear to return only applicable year parts.
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Had a shipping shnaffoo with them Friday. Received an oil strainer and gaskets instead of side trim. The invoice was correct. A simple phone call and the correct parts made it to my door next day delivery. Customer service is doing a great job.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Found the best way to use the site is to find the part no. From their catalog (which is excellent) and search using it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: