Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tail light assembly
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
annieq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: tail light assembly Reply with quote

can anyone tell me how to remove the tail light lens? I'm having an issue with my break light but it is not the bulb--I have changed it (and of course its the light on the driver's side in a camper Crying or Very sad ) The only other thing I can think of is that the bulb holder might be corroded, but it will not fit through the narrow opening that you have to work with. So I need to remove the lens to get to it...

Or does anyone have other ideas???
mvaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: tail light assembly Reply with quote

there is the wire harness which connects to a bulb holder board (not the official name) which then snaps into the lens assembly. (as you've mentioned)

inside the van are small nuts that secure the assembly to the van body. it's not a hard job to remove the whole assembly but are you sure you can't just remove the board that the bulbs go on and check all those terminals?

buy some electronic board cleaner which will react with any corrosion and result in nice shiny contacts. or just use an eraser or mini grinding bit or whatever.

if things look good you might want to back further up the harness and check for reliable operation to see if it's wiring fault from some other place.
thaubold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: tail light assembly Reply with quote

Any chance you found your brake light issue? I am having issues of my own and would love any more information.
annieq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: tail light assembly Reply with quote

I am still having issues with it. It works intermittently. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: