Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official deals thread - Van/Camping items
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Threads like this are why I venture over here from the Bay forums pretty frequently. You all seem to discuss cool camping gear and such way more than is discussed over there.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fleet_maintenance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Paulbeard wrote:
Sodo wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
That looks like a great method, and looks like an ultimate DEAL, but $49 is just the collector bag. You have to buy the other 4 bags additionally.
I'd like to have that system up & running....

Nope. You get all four inner bags, a drawstring bag, and the carrier for $49. About $55 to my door with tax and free shipping.

Get it while you can.

There is an entire thread focused on these bags.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597694&highlight=mountainsmith

I have the set of four plus I added several more bags of similar style.
An insulated bag and also a dry bag for wet/dirty clothes.

We use these MountainSmith bags as our main travel bags even when not in the Van.

Dave

I remember that thread, and remember liking these then. I think the last time I saw the thread was 4-5 years ago. I just bought 2 sets, thanks for posting them Paulbeard
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Ah, memories. I got in on that as well and they have been great. Showing a bit of wear now after a moderate bit of use, but would buy them again for sure.
oldschool84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

fleet_maintenance wrote:
djkeev wrote:
Paulbeard wrote:
Sodo wrote:

That looks like a great method, and looks like an ultimate DEAL, but $49 is just the collector bag. You have to buy the other 4 bags additionally.
I'd like to have that system up & running....

Nope. You get all four inner bags, a drawstring bag, and the carrier for $49. About $55 to my door with tax and free shipping.

Get it while you can.

There is an entire thread focused on these bags.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597694&highlight=mountainsmith

I have the set of four plus I added several more bags of similar style.
An insulated bag and also a dry bag for wet/dirty clothes.

We use these MountainSmith bags as our main travel bags even when not in the Van.

Dave

I remember that thread, and remember liking these then. I think the last time I saw the thread was 4-5 years ago. I just bought 2 sets, thanks for posting them Paulbeard

For those who use these bags - how easily does the holder bag for all of them fold up and stow? I've come to enjoy sleeping on the bottom fold out back seat bed when camping by myself due to thicker mattress and time saved dealing with top - just wondering where I could put it if using the bottom bunk

Thx
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

oldschool84 wrote:

For those who use these bags - how easily does the holder bag for all of them fold up and stow? I've come to enjoy sleeping on the bottom fold out back seat bed when camping by myself due to thicker mattress and time saved dealing with top - just wondering where I could put it if using the bottom bunk

Thx

It folds up easily. However, I find carrying four bags with it a chore and just use mine separately under the bench, and/or various places within the van. Maybe with a three bag carrier it would be less unwieldy.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
riceye wrote:

I'm intrigued by this panel.

As am I. That's a heckuva price for 120W. 100W panels are twice that. Is their stuff any good?

Im pretty happy with my 120w flexible. I have not really 'flexed' it that much - however I put it out the other day on flat ground and it was pulling in 85watts according to my Victron app.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

coqwesty wrote:
I have taken this table lantern on two camping trips so far and it is amazing - super bright and great light dispersion + great (rechargeable) battery life + the magnetic strap and blue light option is also pretty cool:

I bought this. It is pretty cool. Thanks for the recommendation. I love anything that recharges through USB! I just wish you could dim the blue side of the light

dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

okay, probably the wrong place for a "cooler" suggestion but whatever...

I dont have an aux battery and I am not sure about the space for a ARB cooler (but I want one), and with us about to do a 17 day trip (probably camping only 5 of the 17 days but we'll see, we're optimistic) I picked up a ORCA 58QT cooler. The price is on par with Yeti and blah blah blah...

I did a quick google search and found a "first time purchaser coupon code for 20% off", the coupon code is VOLS20 (its a Tennessee company, go fig) and the $300 cooler became $240 with free shipping and no sales tax (WA).

Anyways, wanted to post it up in case someone else might be in the cooler market

(I plan to put this cooler on the outside of my rig on the GW shelf)
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
... the coupon code is VOLS20 (its a Tennessee company,

GO VOLS
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
coqwesty wrote:
I have taken this table lantern on two camping trips so far and it is amazing - super bright and great light dispersion + great (rechargeable) battery life + the magnetic strap and blue light option is also pretty cool:

I bought this. It is pretty cool. Thanks for the recommendation. I love anything that recharges through USB! I just wish you could dim the blue side of the light

Glad to hear it worked out - I am still loving mine. I note that the entire UCO site is on sale at 18% off through July 8 using the code FREEDOM and as such, am eyeing the pint-sized ice cream maker https://www.ucogear.com/ice-cream-ball/softshell-ice-cream-ball-pint-f--ss--pt thinking that some fresh berry ice cream would compliment any campsite meal....

As for standard cooler recommendations, I purchased the Coleman Stainless Steel 54Q for $99 on sale from REI https://www.rei.com/product/675648/coleman-stainless-steel-cooler-54-qt a couple of years back and was so impressed with its ability to retain ice and food over an extended period of time, that I bought one for myself for about the same price from a local (Washington) Coleman Factory Outlet. The front mounted bottle opener (which I note is no longer featured) was/is just a bonus!
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Magnetic spice rack. $13 free shipping. Hopefully it'll work with my metal spice rack in my Westy.

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/402995
Aryana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Great thread. I just bought the MountainSmith 4 bag set and looking forward to trying them out. Looks like a great product.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Edit: Deal expired

Coleman Classic 2 burner grill 26.39

Coleman Triton $40 2 burner

I think only difference is Triton can do 2k more BTU output (1k per eye). Some of the Tritons had a 'push to light' feature.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11818671-prime-day-coleman-classic-propane-stove-26-39-tax

Last edited by shagginwagon83 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

I am looking for a carry bag for my 2 burner coleman. Coleman sells a bag but it is made of cheap shiny black vinyl I would like something canvas or similar material. Does anyone have suggestions?

S

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Coleman Triton $40 2 burner

I think only difference is Triton can do 2k more BTU output (1k per eye). Some of the Tritons had a 'push to light' feature.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11818671-prime-day-coleman-classic-propane-stove-26-39-tax

shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
I am looking for a carry bag for my 2 burner coleman. Coleman sells a bag but it is made of cheap shiny black vinyl I would like something canvas or similar material. Does anyone have suggestions?

I ordered the 'medium' sized bag for $20 by coleman. Camp chef makes one for $20ish
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

That price is for a used one. But they did have new ones for ~$45 with free shipping.

I have one of these green Coleman stoves and love it. I'd even flown with it several times (and it has the dents to prove it). I just wish the propane canisters were more easily recyclable.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:

That price is for a used one. But they did have new ones for ~$45 with free shipping.

I have one of these green Coleman stoves and love it. I'd even flown with it several times (and it has the dents to prove it). I just wish the propane canisters were more easily recyclable.

You missed the deal my friend! Prime days 20% off. I hope someone scored the deal - I went with the Triton model.

Also, they do make 1lb refillable bottles
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
vanagonjr wrote:

You missed the deal my friend! Prime days 20% off. I hope someone scored the deal - I went with the Triton model.

Also, they do make 1lb refillable bottles

Any other prime day deals?????????
Maybe someone should make a thread? There is just too much ground to cover for one person.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items Reply with quote

Tobias Duncan wrote:
Any other prime day deals?????????
Maybe someone should make a thread? There is just too much ground to cover for one person.

I added a flag to the thread, for today only - but no other deals that I know of.

Here is the camping section
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dprime-day&field-keywords=camping
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official deals thread - Van/Camping items [Prime Day deals 7/17] Reply with quote

10AH 400 amp jump box for $27.99.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11814919-amazon-ravpower-10000mah-400a-car-jump-starter-power-bank-27-99
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: