Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Collecting parts for a 2332
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Bad bug wrote:
fivelugshortaxle wrote:
Forgot to mention, the magnaspark is back on 2ith a new coil and running well. Flawless on two 240 mile runs.Both days travel to and from Washington were 100 degree days. Hottest head temps I saw was 327 which was about a 3 mile stretch up a hill doing 70. Oil temps hit 205 on that hill. Otherwise oil stayed right around 185 to 190 and head temps stayed from 287 to 292. Motor runs great. Couldn't be happier. The two guys I ran up there with both had stock 1600's and both had to pull into rest stops to let their motors cool down. Very hot, fan shroud was hot AMD dipstick hot. My little 2332 never got hot at all. Pretty proud of my work. Runs cool and hauls ass.

I really love this information. This only confirms my views on what i was saying to my friends in my country about running all the stock tins on your heads and how it affects performance and the overall temps on your engine.

Definitely. Engine runs very cool. Warms up quickly with all the tins and thermostat and stays cool. I was very pleased with the performance. This is a big motor and running 9.5:1 compression with a cam that's very similar to the 86b and Fk45. It's like a cross between those two. Going from 75mph to 100 is rediculous. Speedo moves like it's in 1st gear.....quick.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Oh! hell i love that, can't wait to bulild my 2.2ltr oxyboxer engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Why not have CB replace that one pushrod and see if it was a random failure?
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

jason wrote:
Why not have CB replace that one pushrod and see if it was a random failure?

I called CB. They said I would need to talk to Pat and that he was out for two weeks. So, I have to wait. I'm sure they'll probably replace it but until then I'd like to drive.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Ok, so I had parts on order from a vendor.

But, I became impatient. So I locally sourced, main bearings, rod bearings, and a 26mm Schadak oil pump.

I have already tapped the oil pump outlet for the 3/8" npt plug and deburred the outside of the pump housing so it doesn't get hung up in the case.

The search goes on for the galley plugs that I have stored in a safe place. But forgot where that place is! Shocked

More to come.

Thanks everyone, for the encouragement and support through this ordeal.
It means allot.

To those that are speculating on the rockers.
I am using 1.4. Not 1.5 rockers. That post was what the cam card indicates.
1.5's would have .575" lift and make this engine capable of turning 8K. Shocked Cool

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

So....I decided to do a cam change. Beem having a tuning issue and finally tracked it down to the number 4 cylinder. Pulled heads and can visually see where the number 4 intake valve isn't sealing. Snail on that cylinder read half a point from the other three. So, while the motor is out I decided to do a cam change. The EXR304 was nice. Just not enough umph I'm the top end. It made power from 2500 to just about 5500. I really liked the xr310 on a 106 in my 2276....and I had another brand new xr310 on a 106 so in it goes. Pleasantly surprised by how good the Thorsten Pieper 53 gram tool steel lifters looked. Cam looked great also. Rod and crank bearings looked great so they're going back in Cam bearings looked great but they're inexpensive so another set of dual thrust cam bearings are going in with the change. Tims stage 2's are going to them to get fixed and they're going to go ahead and install 650's in them. Anywho....everything looks great
...enjoying the cam change. Looking forward to seeing how the 2332 reacts to the xr310. According to Tim's, these heads work best with a cam like this(FK10, Engle 125, XR310).
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

The engine with the 2292 and superpros should be interesting comparison. Hope you have some 48's for it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Did the valve seats move on those heads ? If the motor was OK at first and then went bad something moved.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Do you have photos of they head/valve leak? I am wondering what caught your eye besides the lower readings for that cylinder.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

jpaull wrote:
The engine with the 2292 and superpros should be interesting comparison. Hope you have some 48's for it

Tims stage 2's and Dellorto 48's and I'm putting another XR310 on a 106 lobe in. Love that cam. It hits hard and pulls forever.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs

Last edited by fivelugshortaxle on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

Paul.H wrote:
Did the valve seats move on those heads ? If the motor was OK at first and then went bad something moved.

Not sure, just mailed them off to the Tims boys
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
Do you have photos of they head/valve leak? I am wondering what caught your eye besides the lower readings for that cylinder.

I neglected to take a photo. The intake valve on number 4 ....where my snail reading was half a point down from the rest.....had two spots around the valve and seat where there was no carbon deposit. Best description is that it looked like air was leaking out in those two spots AMD keeping the carbon from depositing there.
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
CB 1.4 rockers
NGK D7ea plugs
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Collecting parts for a 2332 Reply with quote

fivelugshortaxle wrote:
74 Thing wrote:

I neglected to take a photo. The intake valve on number 4 ....where my snail reading was half a point down from the rest.....had two spots around the valve and seat where there was no carbon deposit. Best description is that it looked like air was leaking out in those two spots AMD keeping the carbon from depositing there.

Hmm! well get her back together as soon as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: