Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Exactly how does the hot cooling air exit that? It appears from the pictures there is no way out.

There's plenty of room to the rear and there is a gap to the outside. I ran it for a whole season with no problems.
gdando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
EPETREA wrote:
Mine also required me to trim the sled tins. I couldn’t even use the industrial sled pieces.

The Berg clears.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I hand formed a sheet of aluminum using the ones in Glenn’s picture as a template. I finally got everything installed however i forgot to put a small bead on sealant between the headers and the muffler.

I want to take advantage of wheels off to check valve clearance and I need to reroute my valve cover breather hoses. I hope to have some pictures tomorow.

Glenn, are you still driving yours daily?

http://www.shoptalkforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=120800&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

gdando wrote:
Glenn, are you still driving yours daily?

No... not since i restored the car back in 1997. It's a weekend car.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stanthedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Mine cleared the tins no problem. Only thing I had to trim was for muffler clearance in the fender well.
other PITA was running my oil lines. ended up wrapping the lines in header wrap.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

A little anti seize on the slip joints and leave all the bolts loose until its all together, just mocked mine up today.

[/img]
[img][/img]
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
A little anti seize on the slip joints and leave all the bolts loose until its all together, just mocked mine up today.

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1732320.jpg[/img

Pretty. Cool
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:

[/img]
[img][/img]

Pretty. Cool
gdando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Yesterday I put quite a few miles on the car with the new Sidewinder. Overall, I think she is actually quieter than the 1.5 headers and the 2.5 A1 Fatboy. I like the cleaner look and am a lot less stressed considering parallel parking resembles bumper-cars in Southern Europe. Hope to post more pictures tomorrow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gdando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

rock25rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

I have a 57 Oval with a 2332 being installed, my sidewinder hits the rear apron, has anyone had trouble getting this combo in an Oval? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

How is trans mounted in front, nosecone? My bus one hit too. I had to cut a piece out, the inside piece. Ive had three and only one didnt hit.
rock25rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Need some help with A1 Sidewinder install Reply with quote

Yes, it has a Rhino case trans with a Moore midmount, I also should mention that the 57 body sits on a 76 IRS chassis. The body had most of the rear replaced as it was totally rusted out due to the winters here in Michigan. I am planning to cut the flanges off the exhaust, shorten them as much as possible and weld in new flanges.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: