Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

A few snap shots for June Jitter Bug 2018. Took home Best Stance - Air Cooled.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Samba 67 Beetle build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607949&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

love that car.minus full air air basically same look im going for with my 68
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

I finally got around to finishing up the carpet and sound barrier install behind the rear seat. What a huge difference on noise while driving.

Paint is POR 15 and the sound barrier is Dynamat Extreme.

Samba 67 Beetle build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607949&highlight=
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Switched over all the turn and brake lights to LEDs last week. I used Sylvania products and the overall light output has increased by about 30-40%. Two sets of 1157 and one set of 1156, 12 volt/6 ohm load resistors were also installed along the turn signals to keep the flasher happy and prevent hyper flashing. Overall I am happy with the results except the new brighter bulbs are making my front signal lenses light up a funny color of orange. They are badly sun faded so I will start looking for clean replacements.

Also a few shots from a local show and shine with a sweet '63.

Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Another successful show over the weekend. Northern Showdown is a long standing show with a huge mix of vehicles. No classes, just awards for the top 75 vehicles. Surprised I made the cut.

Also snapped a few pictures inside, love the way these turned out.

Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to get some pictures done last weekend, these are a few of my favorites.

Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

It has been a good year of headache free driving, nothing major has changed for 2019.

RadRod67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Wow! Truly amazing metal work and love the wheels and patina. Great job!
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Small 2020 update.

At the end of last year I took the Beetle to a show in New Jersey, First Class Fitment. I borrowed a truck, rented an enclosed trailer and hit the road. Great show and overall a positive experience.

Over the winter I made a few changes to the car. Installed a front safari window from VW LooseNuts. Its an experience to drive with it open over 30KMS.

Inside the car felt like a tornado was coming through so I picked up some extended latches to open the quarter windows up a bit more. These were from vwpopouts.com.

I was never happy with the quality of the tar board around the motor on my car. I was always warped and looked terrible. I pulled the motor and made a steel firewall insert with a healthy amount of sound deadening behind it.

A small social distancing get together last weekend.

My first few drives this year were rough, it felt like fuel issues. A couple new fuel pumps, multiple carb cleanings and still the same issues. I think I found the problem, broken fuel pump flange. Thankfully it came out of the motor clean. Installed a new one and will try and get some mileage on it this weekend.

Costa66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Those firewall panels look AWESOME!

Josh
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Costa66 wrote:
Those firewall panels look AWESOME!

Josh

Thank you, I really like how they turned out.

Here are a couple shots from a drive this summer. Wasaga Beach Ontario.

I will be updating soon on a safari wiper install on my beetle.

SLIVER270
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

Great build man! I really like those wheels!!!

Hope the fueling issue is fixed!

TJ
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

SLIVER270 wrote:
Great build man! I really like those wheels!!!

Hope the fueling issue is fixed!

TJ

The fuel starvation issue was solved with the new fuel pump base. Unfortunately, it took a while to track down.

Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Resurrection of my 1967 Beetle Reply with quote

After the front safari windshield install I ran the Beetle without wipers/arms but it always bothered me and looked unfinished.

Through Instagram I was in contact with Jeremy at VWLooseNuts who produces the safari kit. He pointed me in the right direction to get the wipers on and working again.

I purchased a set of wiper arm pivots from CIP1.ca and drilled out the opening to accommodate the larger wiper pin my '67 uses. I also shaved down 2 sides to keep the new pivot inside the '64 and earlier wiper arms.

Here are the old rusty arms from my '67 and the new Wolfsburg West '64 and earlier style side by side.

Everything lined up as it should with this new set up.

Next was the rest for the wiper blades. I removed the washer fluid nozzle and got a wiper blade rest off Ebay. These are being made for Beetles somewhat copying the old Bus "one eye duck" Ebay user cdk1974. This mount is for '61 to '64 cars but does fit my '67 pretty well. There is a bolt on style for '60 and earlier cars as well.

Wiper blades are on order, I will update when this little project is complete.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: