Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket Ragtop
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

I second the comment. Unless you graft an original in, forget it. Aftermarket sunroof`s will only decrease the value of your car.
ryanheinze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Sadly the only other company that I knew of that made a nice quality kit has closed it's doors.

http://www.tudorwebastosunroofs.com/index.html

Last edited by ryanheinze on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryanheinze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Toward the bottom, the "Herbie Goes Bananas" bug had one of their roofs.

http://www.tudorwebastosunroofs.com/about_rscoachbuilts.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Definition of sunroof: Calibrated water leak.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Well Bryan I figured in 1966 VW made over a million bugs and mine is no where close to original no one will cry, especially not myself. I also am not going to sell my car so not to worried about what dollar amount someone thinks my car is worth. It will be a good test to see how it works in the rain living in Washington that's for sure. I contacted PayPal and told them where it was coming from and they said if there is any damage and the company doesn't want to make it right I will get a full refund:) watching a few videos on assembly of the kit on YouTube( search teto solar fusca ragtop) it looks very straightforward with no welding or paint work needed(besides the edges of bare metal where you cut the hole out of course)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Just an fyi current price was $1247.00 w/ shipping. I chose the grey canvas and it seems that they guys who build this top tension and attach the fabric to the front mechanism and rear bow so all you have to do is cut and assemble. I'm pretty stoked cant wait for this bad boy to show up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/gzCj8as-USk

Nice bug with the ragtop kit I ordered
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/D0X11YTIIK8

Full installation video
essjayarr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
I just took a chance and ordered a kit from them fingers crossed it makes it in 1 piece from Brazil all the way up to Nw Washington

Hey V8nate,

Any update on your purchase and install?
I'm interested in one for my '73 1303.

essjayarr
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

essjayarr still waiting they build each top as it is ordered I'll be sure to keep everyone updated
essjayarr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
essjayarr still waiting they build each top as it is ordered I'll be sure to keep everyone updated

Ok. I'm looking forward to it.
I hope it is all good with the transaction and quality.
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Same here I emailed osmir today to check on the progress. I dont want to bug him too much I think I may have already offended him buy saying if it was easier for him to message me in Portuguese I can use Google translate and his response was "my English is just fine" some things were getting lost in translation but we understood each other well enough. I've been looking at these tops for a few years now and boy I'm excited
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Hi V8nate
What’s your master plan for when it arrives ?
Are you installing straight away?
Step by step photos? Or a video Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers
Dave
2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Hey Dave
Well I plan on inspecting it hoping that no damage happened from it's long trip. Temptation might get the best of me but I planned on finishing my stroker before I put the rag in. I could enjoy looking at it in the garage but it would kinda be like putting new wipers on a smashed window. I'm hoping to finish building my motor in the next month or 2 then work on the top. I'll definitely be taking pictures and might do a little video on the process but just the important steps any one can cut a hole in a roof.lol
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

I watched the video of the install from the link, and was very impressed
Dave
2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Most definitely a impressive kit looks very straightforward
Hahnster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear the feedback when the top arives. It looks great online, very close to original I would say.
v8nate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Just got an email saying it was sent out yesterday still have my fingers crossed:)
Broshow260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

Murt wrote:
Hi V8nate
What’s your master plan for when it arrives ?
Are you installing straight away?
Step by step photos? Or a video Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers
Dave
hi....I have sent these guys numerous emails trying to buy one of the tops but never get a response....any advise.?
Broshow260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Ragtop Reply with quote

v8nate wrote:
Just got an email saying it was sent out yesterday still have my fingers crossed:)
hi.....can you advise me on how to get in contact with these guys so that I may order one as well.....I have sent numerous emails trying to just get a response and never get one... I want to buy one but they never respond...thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: