Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are there any VW-specific salvage yards in Pennsylvania, or east
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Osbourne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Are there any VW-specific salvage yards in Pennsylvania, or east Reply with quote

I've had to make some tough decisions, lately. At my age, I have more projects than I have time to finish. So, I need to let go of my '82 Quantum wagon and, possibly, my '87 QSW and QSW parts car.
It pains me to have to do it, but I need the garage space to work on my MGs and my air-cooled VWs and I'm tired of being overwhelmed with project cars.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Are there any VW-specific salvage yards in Pennsylvania, or east Reply with quote

I hear that. I'm trying to downsize as well... but I always find another project that I can't live without Smile

In reference to the question, I don't know of any VW specific yards. There's a guy in Mickleton, NJ who sells a lot on the classifieds here that seems to have quite a few watercooled cars. Goes by 'richiesgarage'. Might be a bit of a hike from Pittsburgh, but may be worth a call.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bud Osbourne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any VW-specific salvage yards in Pennsylvania, or east Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
I hear that. I'm trying to downsize as well... but I always find another project that I can't live without Smile

In reference to the question, I don't know of any VW specific yards. There's a guy in Mickleton, NJ who sells a lot on the classifieds here that seems to have quite a few watercooled cars. Goes by 'richiesgarage'. Might be a bit of a hike from Pittsburgh, but may be worth a call.

Thanks, but I think New York is too far to bother with. I thought I remembered something in the central part of PA, but maybe not.
I just hate to throw them away (take them to the crusher), when I know there are guys who may need the parts from them......or even the complete cars & titles. Oh, well. The old saying about "life is too short" is getting to ring truer and truer for me. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: