Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Houston area?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Houston area? Reply with quote

I'm looking for an one piece racing front end in the Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Ant. area. I called all the local shops here no luck yet I was going to get one shipped but they want $600 plus to ship and the front end is only $325.. I need it soon due to getting the full roll cage installed soon.....This has always been an issue here in texas finding good quality parts for aircooled been fighting this for over 30years most parts I buy is normally on line... if you want empi or bugpack then theres plenty of that crap here I like to buy the best one time honestly in the long run it comes out to be cheaper that way....I have tons of gene berg parts that ive swapped out with vw to vw's through the years that I purchased in the late 80's still in great working order...ok ill get off my soapbox now yes it dose get frustrating,,,,Thanks for any leads,,,,
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

I have a 1 piece front clip sitting in northern California I just put on Craigslist. ..asking $300, never been cut or drilled other than mounting a baja tilt bumper...2188 miles, wish I was closer to you.
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

Me too brother....I think cali is the only place that you can walk into a 7-11 store and walk out with a slurpy and drop spindles and rims lol...
ConcreteAce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

did you try Bugoholic's in Pasadena?

'51 Deluxe
'61 Build
'68 Turbo Diesel Baja
'64 Ghia Vert
'61 Baja Build
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

eschmidt14 wrote:
Me too brother....I think cali is the only place that you can walk into a 7-11 store and walk out with a slurpy and drop spindles and rims lol...

That there was a great quote Laughing Laughing
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

I was at Henry's shop not to long ago didn't see any baja parts but ill call him to see what he can do...
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

I was at Henry's shop not to long ago didn't see any baja parts but ill call him to see what he can do...
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the quality of modern day clips. ..do they still hand lay the fiberglass or is it that chopped strand method? ...my clip is over 20yrs old and you can see the matt pattern.
Anyone know is clips are still made by hand?
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

I have one but it’s going on my Baja sorry!

Are you building to a class spec? Not many in Houston building VWs to actually race
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

Sailtexas...did you buy it here locally and is it the racing style? yes building it to race later down the road I have a thing front beam for now cause it will be used on the street about 80% of the time but later get a long travel 6over coilover beam I have all the parts for it now I just need to find the beam balljoint to link pin conversion I know there was a guy who used to build them but passed away..its so weird to go from driving tons of vws that are 1/2 inch off the ground to a bug that's 17inches off the ground...its crazy I'm struggling to get a front end I need it so I can get my bug to Bill at Ekstensive so they can get my cage built which is going to tie my bumpers into the cage...BTW Henry wasn't able to find one for me..still looking...Thanks Guys
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

veeweeman wrote:
eschmidt14 wrote:

That there was a great quote Laughing Laughing

I think Kalifornia used to have class's at the High Schools like "Chrome plating" 101 and "Chop and Channel" Advance class's, but that was a different time!
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

eschmidt14 wrote:
Sailtexas...did you buy it here locally and is it the racing style? yes building it to race later down the road I have a thing front beam for now cause it will be used on the street about 80% of the time but later get a long travel 6over coilover beam I have all the parts for it now I just need to find the beam balljoint to link pin conversion I know there was a guy who used to build them but passed away..its so weird to go from driving tons of vws that are 1/2 inch off the ground to a bug that's 17inches off the ground...its crazy I'm struggling to get a front end I need it so I can get my bug to Bill at Ekstensive so they can get my cage built which is going to tie my bumpers into the cage...BTW Henry wasn't able to find one for me..still looking...Thanks Guys

I bought it used locally, it is old!

I have to order all my parts, nothing baja in Houston unless you get lucky
eschmidt14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Houston area? Reply with quote

yeah I know what you mean was looking for the front end today didn't find one but I end up buying a 83 Vanagon go figure haven't owned it no more than two hours and already bought 2k of parts online of coarse ill probably put the baja on hold until I get this vanagon running.......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: