Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_last1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has seen a recent reproduction of the L-shaped interior. I really dig it and would like to try to recreate it. Also open to ideas!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

That's a Club Joker.
I have a Joker, and the interior does look like that.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

I can't remember the codes or whatever, but seems like getting the interior from an air cooled that has the smaller kitchen unit would be a good way to get close to that. here's an example I saw on my morning craigslist tour.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/1980-volkswagen-vanagon/6626418919.html
the_last1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

Yes that is the interior! I really dig being able to have the zbed with a little more seat space. I would like to change this on a regular westfalia. I am curious if anyone has a detail pic of the L-shaped part of the seat. I don't see how if fastens to the rest of the cabinet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
the_last1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

11BC2 wrote:
That's a Club Joker.
I have a Joker, and the interior does look like that.

Would it be possible to see a close up of the that corner seat?
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

That L-shaped interior is based on the more compact kitchen cabinet that we had here in 1980 and 1981 in basic campers - the ones with the ice box instead of full fridge. That camper had a full width rear bench and then a low cabinet between the seat and the kitchen cabinet. Using the interior from one of these early basic campers might be the easiest way to build the L-shaped arrangement using readily available US market parts. You would just rebuild the cabinet between the rear seat and the main kitchen cabinet to have a cushion on top of it and then a backrest that rests against the left side wall of the van. That would create the L-shaped seating arrangement.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

My '80 Westfalia had that interior

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

The 1984 Club Joker we rented in the Netherlands had that interior configuration. We liked it quite a bit - kind of a mid-point between our spacious Weekender and a full Westy's cramped insides.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

I have a full Westy, but like the idea of the extra width of the bed in the Weekender. I'm considering cutting down the walls of the cabinet that hides the water reservoir to just above the tank-top height, and putting a rectangular pad on it that levels with the bed surface. Will involve a little creativity where the table support tube comes up, but that shouldn't be a big problem. Yes, the front portion of the tall closet will keep it from duplicating the roomyness of the full width bed, but seems like a good compromise. Has ANYONE tried that?
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

Here's a website that lists perhaps all of the different configurations of Westies throughout the production runs. Makes for great reading.
http://www.westfaliat3.info

You will find the "round seat" config on this page (amount other pages also) The seating arrangement was available many years.
http://www.westfaliat3.info/html/westfalia_t3_club_joker_beige_.html
And the Mosaik page.
http://www.westfaliat3.info/html/westfalia_mosaik_self_install.html

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
a2d2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW T25 Joker L-shaped interior Reply with quote

the_last1 wrote:
Yes that is the interior! I really dig being able to have the zbed with a little more seat space. I would like to change this on a regular westfalia. I am curious if anyone has a detail pic of the L-shaped part of the seat. I don't see how if fastens to the rest of the cabinet.

I don't have a Joker so I can't be much use with the picture of the corner seat... but I have had the very similar P22 interior and I think the main differences in the corner would just be the upholstery and the foam. The cabinets are most likely the same, or at least very similar.

If it's of any use, I thought you might be interested in seeing my customized version/bastard child of the P22 and Joker interiors. I already had the P22 with the full size bed and then I came across this interior from a Junkyard van that had suffered an engine fire:

Most of the smoke damage (aside from the charred seat) cleaned up nicely and most pieces were usable. I used some pieces to make templates:

Then I rebuilt the seat box reusing only the original front piece of laminate (and all the hardware). The rest of the pieces are just plywood painted to match, most of it is out of view when installed. The extra dividers are for organization and the large P22 water tank that fits under the seat:

I custom built this box re-using some pieces from the Westy water tank box and using the similar piece from the P22 for the design inspiration (The P22's is larger due to the smaller kitchen). I think this is attempt #1, the finished version looks a little nicer Embarassed :

I still couldn't find you any pictures of how it attaches but it's basically angle brackets in the corners. Because this box is not as long as the real P22, the bed touches the "kitchen" cabinet when extended. This means it can't fold out without removing the table and leg. I got around this by installing a second front table mount on the passenger seat base and I move the table there at night.

I'm super happy with the layout - full size bed with the full stove/sink/fridge setup:

Could easily make the corner seat in here by adding some custom cushions, I can see that being cool if I had the rear closet but I'm choosing more bed space over storage at this point.

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: