Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What’s your favorite Van color?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Orange.

Wait, I guess you have to go to Sweden for that.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
dlb154
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

WHY not make this a pole so we can quickly see what people vote for?

Can that be done now that the thread has already started?

Wolfram Grey gets my vote followed by Orly Blue followed by the Silver (whatever the official name is for the silver).

Last edited by dlb154 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Mine would have to be Orly then the 2 tone blue followed by Dove blue. But Im biased Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ride-Fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

I guess I had the Orly Blue mixed up with Star Blue Metalic. I've seen posts or CL ads where their SBM Vanagon was called Orly in the ads, so that's where I got mixed up. Also, thanks for mentioning the Bordeaux red, which I think is the burgundy I mentioned.

kamzcab86 wrote:
Square era:
1. Orly Blue
2. Bordeaux Red
3. Wolfram Gray/Star Blue/Tornado Red (tie)
4. All others

Round era:
1. Two-tones (love 'em all)
2. Medium Blue
3. All others

I really don't dislike any of the factory Vanagon colors; the vans look good in them all... can't say the same with the Golfs, Jettas, etc.

Ride-Fly wrote:
I can't tell the difference between Orly and Dove. Not familiar with Star Blue Metalic ...will have to look for it.

Orly Blue appears violet at certain angles, but is a dark metallic blue:

Dove Blue is a light silvery blue:

Star Blue is 1989 only for the Wolfsburg Edition/Bluestar and is closer in hue to Dove than Orly is:

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

I had my pick of the entire world of colors, and it would be fair to say that my van is without question THE color I wanted on a Vanagon, since I had it painted. My second choice is that factory bright red shown above. Toyota Sunburst Yellow from the current FJ Cruiser:

1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Any Vanagon with Husky Glitter
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

mine has Bernard cover-up.. does that count?

I would choose that yellow if I didn't have the red.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RichBenn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

White.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

I liked the blue on my failed Syncro project from a few years back. Marine Blue?

PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Custom all the way: https://www.vanagonhacks.com/2018/07/extreme-custom-vanagon-paint-jobs/

msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

No regrets. Unfaded Assuan Brown.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
B-bear604
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Love the two tones, was suprised that they were still available in Germany in the 90's, was planing to paint my last Westie (a white one) in a two-tone with white/blue.
So now I have a 91 Bourdeaux that badly needs the rust taken care of, so its going in and coming out Bourdeaux/cream with the metallic flake removed. Looking forward to a light colour top again to keep the inside cool.
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
1985 Mercedes 380sl
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

msinabottle wrote:

No regrets. Unfaded Assuan Brown.

Best!

There's the color we wanted and got. Sweet bus.

Ours will get paint last, someday.

— Colin Chapman
Ride-Fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
I had my pick of the entire world of colors, and it would be fair to say that my van is without question THE color I wanted on a Vanagon, since I had it painted. My second choice is that factory bright red shown above. Toyota Sunburst Yellow from the current FJ Cruiser:

Beautiful color! If considering non-factory colors, my favorite is the thunderbird orange. Absolutely the best!!! BTW, is your picture taken in Leavenworth? We were just there a couple of weeks ago

@Kamscab86- I found a link on Bustopia that showed an example of the different colors, and now I’m more confused. It seems the blue colors are off. The Dove Blue in the Doka example looks powder blue. The Orly, Capri, Monaco, and Star blues all look more like a Dove in those pics. Anyhow here is the link to Bustopia’s site: http://bustopia.com/vw-vanagon-paint-samples.html
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Wow, that site has those colors all wrong.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Wow, that site has those colors all wrong.

No kidding, they're all mixed up... And at least one of the code numbers is wrong, too! Pastel White is L90D - not 'E'
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your favorite Van color? Reply with quote

Yes - that is Leavenworth. We were there a month ago and there was a German car show in town by coincidence. Love the town. So much going for it.

I really like the color for safety, and it literally puts a smile on people's faces to see a relatively universally liked car in a whimisical color. That the color on the FJ Cruiser is paired with a white roof was a bonus as I wanted that for reflecting heat. It came together nicely. When I walk up to it in a parking lot, it puts a smile on my face as well. Can't drive it in a bad mood!!
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: