Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My distributor - 010??
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: My distributor - 010?? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

SVA are vacuum only and have a solid shaft. So there is no felt pill under the rotor since there's nothing to lubricate.

But there is a fiber washer on the top of the mainshaft and one on the bottom.

That's what I was trying to say.

OP:

Glenn can hook you up with the fiber washers and the metal shims in different thicknesses to get your end play dialed in for very fair price also.

You'll be amazed how much better your car will run once the correct distributor is paired with the carb your running.

The 010 is fabled to be one of the best centrafugal distributors around as well. It is a bit more complicated than a SVA distributor, but not all that difficult. Glenn can rebuild that one for you if your not comfortable doing that one.
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My distributor - 010?? Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
tasb wrote:
There are no "hard felt washers" or buttons/pills on the aluminum bodied SVA distributors. Locate an NOS condenser rather than a new one.

Really?

tasb wrote:
The 113 K and the others like them all take two fiber washers. One on each end where the shaft exits the distributor housing. Check the archives for exploded diagrams of distributors. The braided ground wire gets re-soldered on the bottom of the points plate. I reccomend using some hi temp cement to back up your soldering.

]I didn't say anything about a felt button, but he most likely needs the fiber washers.

It was your choice of terms that was confusing and led to my response. The phenolic shims are not made out of felt.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: